8. Persistent.

Chapter 8:

"Why are you here?" His voice was monotoned as he stepped into his office, he closed the door behind him and we both heard the clicking sound of him locking it after him.

"I think you know why I'm here." There was no sense of me denying why I just happened to be in his office. "You have something I want."

"And what could that be?" His eyes held amusement watching me slip not too far away from the cookie jar.

"A file of a man I'm working on." Most of my work I've always had a disguise and in some cases I have stepped out as myself but you either knew me or you didn't. There weren't in public records of my crimes- my father made sure of it- And from his reaction, he didn't know me as Olivia Ludavico, just a girl in his office roaming about where she shouldn't be. But that was just my hunch.

"You have a name?"

"That's confidential information."

"Then I wouldn't be of any assistance," He walked to his desk but stopped once he was close enough. My heart rate stayed almost the same but the way he stared was as if I was made out of glass and I reflected. "Right?" He taunted.

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't need something." I stated calmly, before I reached forward to search more but his hand snatched out to stop my movement- which I expected. "You have two seconds to remove your hand off of me."  His hold on me didn't loosen and twisting my hand out of his, I leveled him with a glare. "May I help you with something?"

He looked as if he wanted to say more but we both were interrupted seeing Sage banging on the door like a maniac. "Hey lovebirds! The parties downstairs!" And seeing how his body was slump over it was obvious he was drunk.

Nicholai brought his thumb and forefinger to the bridge of his nose before he sighed to himself. "I'll see you out." He addressed me and stepping to the side he gave him the option to stay or leave, and if I stayed one of us would have been taking our last breath. And I was certainly not putting my life in his hands anytime soon.

Giving him one final glance, I walked from behind his desk to walk out- not before feeling his hand on the small of my back. "Sage go to your room, you're drunk." His brother ordered him and Sage pouted his lower lip out before opening his mouth, probably ready to plead with him. "No." He didn't give him an option.

"Fine." He mumbled before he used the wall to help guide him out. "If I was drunk.." He slurred out before he started mumbling the rest that I couldn't hear. But seeing him struggle a bit made me laugh.

"Wait a second." My arm was gripped and I was pulled back but it was a respectful amount of distance between us.

"What did I tell you? Keep your hands off of me." I tugged away from him again. "You're not giving me what I want so there is no further discussion- Enjoy the rest of your night."

I successfully turned on my heels but he slithered around me and it made me take a cautious step back, my body coiling into a defensive state of mind. "Let's get something clear hm?" He continued his approach on me but he should know by now that I was one for a fight and I didn't move in the slightest- not even an inch so he could run his mile. He stopped right in front of me and my hazel green contacted with grey ones, even in the dim lights.

Folding my arms across my chest, his abdomen bumped into them while I waited to hear what he had to say. "Don't ever dismiss me. I believe we do have something to address, what were you doing in my office?"