36. Self Doubt.

Chapter 36:

"Okay we've been at this for hours." Alice had finally made her grand entrance to the table three hours ago. "At this point I do too."

"Hey, we want to put an end to this just as much as you." Julius sighed, braiding his hands together. "We can't mess this up."

"We won't." Nicholai made that clear. "It's already settled." He had taken off his jacket in the middle of us trying to discuss business.

"Which was stupid." Nobody was going to give it to him straight and uncut but I was. All heads turned to me and he raised both eyebrows at my bluntness, well get use to it. "You can't threaten someone of that magnitude and think you're going to be left alone after you exchange vows."

"I gave it some thought." His posture remained unbothered. "And I made the next move."

"Something tells me you're not telling us what all you know." My left eye twitched from the stress, my gut feeling was telling me that he knew how this was going to play out, and all of this planning and trying to make sure it'll be a smooth sail would be pointless.

"Have I given you a reason to doubt me?" My mind played back to all of the encounters we've had and how he had handled them, and so far no he hasn't, but the way he wouldn't simply just engage himself grew to be bothersome. "You're overthinking this." He paused my thoughts from running wild.

"Anyone would if we want to come out of this alive, I'm not overthinking, I'm analyzing all of the options and if you know something you need to tell everyone that has their life on the line for you and that's all the people in this room Nicholai."

His face creased in like I had hit the nail right on the head and his jaw locked in place before he once again relaxed, not giving away too much but I had caught him in his act.

"Is she right?" Crixus tiredly asked. He threw down the floor plan, of where the wedding would take place, to get the answers we all had questions to.

"Don't question me Crixus." Nicholai didn't take his tone lightly.

"Don't question you?" Crixus timing was spot on in this moment. Lorenzo placed his hand on his shoulder but he shrugged it off and Lorenzo sat back with his hands raised, staying out of this one. "Is she right Nicholai?"

He didn't utter a single word; his stare was blank.

Crixus slammed his hands on the table, almost shattering the glass before he tried to get to Nicholai but he couldn't as both of his brothers were to their feet the second he tried. "We lost Emil because of this and you've been planning something behind our back?"

"Crixus." Julius warned him but he didn't stop.

"We deserve to know!" He shoved his brothers hand off his chest to eye Nicholai- who stood to his feet.

"No one is going to die, so cut the dramatics." He came around to stand just behind Julius, who's body tensed up like he wouldn't know who to defend- they were all brothers.

But we were about to find out.

Crixus reached around Julius like a cobra striking Nicholai across the face unexpectedly, and we all stood to our feet and Alice stood in front of Sage who just watched his brother get hit, his eyes were unreadable but they were locked in on Crixus.