14. Boom Goes the Dynamite.

*Two weeks later*

Chapter 14:

"I think you need to see this." My brother barged into my room while I was busy drying my hair from my shower. I had already put my clothes on for the day.

"A knock or a text would have sufficed." I spoke up, while wrapping my towel around my neck so the residue from my hair could be captured.

He gave me a vex stare. "This is important."

"Alright." I sighed. "How important is it?" I was halfway sitting on my bed before he left the room and with an annoyed eye roll, I followed after my anxious brother.  We entered the surveillance room, and to my surprise my father was sitting waiting for me as well. "What's this about?" This now peeked my interest.

"Show her." My fathers voice was gruff almost like he hasn't had a full nights rest but I didn't speak on that. Ethan turned in his seat before rewinding a tape, and the exact moment that he leaned in to see better I did too. "There." He pointed to the screen and my eyes followed. I walked closer.

Placing my hands on the table I leaned in to see exactly what the Corsetti family was up to.

Matteo was sitting on the edge of his bed- We could tell that much from where we placed the camera. We couldn't get a perfect look and I cursed knowing we could have done a better job. I continued to watch him, it seemed like he was flipping through a folder of a sort before his hand came up to scratch his balding head.

"Looks like the job wasn't done correctly." My father spoke up once again but his voice was laced with disapproval. And taking a deep breath, I calmed myself down before it was my turn to speak.

"I'm sorry, it didn't occur to me that we were standing in a house with an ex leader that drinks himself to death and his two psychotic sons."

"I didn't raise you to be scared."

"Who said I was? I can handle myself just fine."

"Then it shouldn't have been a problem for you." My upper lip twitched at his words not because he was wrong; because he was right.

"Then what do you suggest we do? Pray and hope that the camera moves?"

"You're going to go get it." He said it casually like we were talking about the weather.

"What?" My brother chimed in, turning around in his seat again. "We can't just walk in and say my bad and ask can we rearrange the cameras in their house."

"Who said you were?" Our father stood and I knew his next words were to be taken like a pill with no water. "I want what is in that drawer and that's final do you understand?"

"And how do you suppose we do that?"

"Matteo and I have a few more things to discuss regarding our separation from each other in the business-"

"That's not suspicious." I didn't get a chance to brace myself as I felt my fathers hand close around my throat, his thumb right over my voice box trying to take my breath away.

"We've  been getting along just fine, but don't for a second forget who you are talking to, do you understand?"