15. No Survivors.

Chapter 15:

He released me less than two seconds. I thought he obviously didn't hear the commotion outside as I felt his hand graze my side. "What are you doing?" I tried to slap his hand away but he brought my jacket up and grabbed my gun.

"Shut up and stay behind me." He ordered me before he turned on his heels and walked swiftly out into the hallway as if death didn't faze him to encounter.

"And what the hell am I suppose to shoot?" I rolled my eyes before my eyes quickly went to the pillow with the information I desperately needed. I saw something that stuck a nerve deep inside me.

My mother hadn't committed suicide after all.. she was murdered in cold blood.

It didn't make sense.. the situation didn't make sense. But before I knew it, I stripped the photo from the frame before folding it and putting it in my back pocket. I didn't need anymore files or paperwork to know who knew what happened to my mother. It had to be him.

And if it wasn't.. then who?

I entered the hallway and all too soon I felt a hand clamps down on my shoulder. I quickly shifted into gear, ducking under his arm I gave a solid hard jab to the back of his temple with my elbow. "ne me touche pas." He fell lifeless to the floor. I've had enough with people trying to touch me.

I saw two men running up the stairs with their guns aimed at me and before I had time to react I was moved out of the way and both of the men dropped dead. "I told you to stay behind me." Nicholai warned me before he picked up the gun attached to the man that I had knocked out. He tossed it to me before he fired at the mans head. "No survivors." I watched for a second as the bullet craved itself into the back of his head with blood making its way onto his tile floors- decorating it. "Move."

"Watch my back." He talked and I scanned the area -seeing at max nine people dead- before we made our way downstairs together. "Sage!" His voice boomed around the house.

"I'm right here." We heard his voice first. "The explosion happened outside." Sage came into the living room carrying a body with a knife struck into the mans chest. "And to think they're our kind." He pulled his knife out of the man before he tossed him to the side like a rag doll. His eyes hardened before I saw his lip twitch an anger. "Left." Nicholai roughly pulled me out of the way just as the knife went soaring through the air. In a records time the bloody knife struck another man, but this time it landed to right between his eyes.

"We have to leave." Sage informed us while he pulled the knife out of the mans head, the kill was less than ten seconds. "May God rest their souls." He sarcastically patted the mans cheek twice. "The back Nicholai now, I already sent the others away." He was firm in his words. Good, so everyone was safe.

"Where are they headed?" I followed after them as they conversed.

"South, away from here." Sage grabbed the key.

The feeling of my hair swayed and my breath caught as the bullet just barely missed my head, it didn't graze me; but the bullet landed in Nicholai's arm. "Merda!" I quickly turned and fired twice before the man dropped just a few feet away from us.

"Get in the car!" I opened the drivers door, "Sage get in the back with your brother now!"  I push started the car, putting it into drive My heart was racing wildly but I had to stay calm in order for us to get out of here alive. "Where are we headed?"

"Just focus on getting us out of here!" Sage barked at me, I looked in the rear view mirror to see him trying to find something to stop his brothers bleeding.