24: Lovely isn't it?

Chapter 24:

"What's got you in a mood?" Alice saw my change of behavior while she spun me around in her chair to finish my makeup. "No, head up." Her index finger came under my chin to lift my head. "Go like this." She made her lips fold in, and I foolishly did it, before she swiped against my cheeks.

"I found something yesterday." I informed her. She blew on her wand brush to get some of the makeup off it before I closed my eyes knowing she was about to start on my eyeshadow.

"What did you find?" She didn't forget what I had said and it made me feel better that she actually wanted to talk but why wouldn't she.. I was second guessing myself.

"So you know how I use to draw.." My heart began to race, biased to her not knowing, this was a hard topic.

"Yeah." I felt her pull back and I opened my eyes to see her analyzing my face. "What about it?"

"I found a drawing of a dream catcher."

"Okay.." Her eyebrows creased in trying to understand what I was talking about. Of course, I wasn't good at this.

"It had his initials on it."

"Okay, I love you but you have to explain it to me better. Who's initials?"

"Nicholai's."

She signaled for me to close my eyes again. "Well that's new.. Are you going to ask him about it?"

"And say what?" She poked at the corner of my eye repeatedly and it was becoming upsetting.

"Do you have questions about it?"

"Yes."

"Then those are the questions you ask."

"It's not that simple, he's not a normal person-"

"And you're not a normal girl." She interjected.

"Besides the point, he probably doesn't even remember it, I for sure don't."

"You think he's a forgetful person?" Alice laughed at the idea. "And if it concerns you, he remembers." She jumped back after I abruptly opened my eyes to stare at her in disbelief.

"If it concerns me?"

"Yes." She held her chest before she recollected her breathing. "I'm not the only one that sees it."

"Sees what?"

She gave me a dull disapproving disappointed look. "Don't tell me you've became dense. Now close your eyes and I don't do that again, you almost ruined the look."

"I'm not dense, it's only lust there. Nothing more." I wasn't blind and after all our.. encounters I know he felt that for me just like I did him. "Once this is done we won't have to see each other anymore."

"Is that what you want?" She always dug inside my mind to pull out the answers that I didn't have but she made me think.

"It's what he wants." Was my reply.

"You can open your eyes now." I blinked the open and she was already handing me the mirror. I turned my head to the right and then to the left to admire her work. This was truly a talent of hers. "We can change his mind tonight." She gleefully clapped her hands together.

"Just like you and Sage." I needed the attention off of me and it seemed to work. Her face drastically changed into something unsweetened like bitter tea. "I despise him." She turned to walk over to my mirror so she could work on her makeup. "He's insensitive."