Epilogue: The Sound of Thunder.

Nicholai had received a call from Julius, "Boss.. turns out Stefan was wearing a body vast, the bullet only pierced his skin but it didn't break through, he's in bad shape but he survived." His ear latched together like a key securing a locket with Julius's voice to follow as he clicked the safety off, "Just say the word."

"Leave him to me." Nicholai pressed the end button with a sweat mark to follow. "I'll be back shortly." He informed his team that consisted of Lorenzo, an injured Crixus, Sergio and the intolerable brother. There was no need to notify Sage of this newly found information, because he wouldn't leave Alice alone in her condition.

"I can go with you." Sergio offered , he needed something to do to clear his mind. Who could blame him? And besides it was obvious that everyone should travel as a collective. However, Nicholai didn't want the company.

"No, stay with your brothers." There was no room to negotiate with him, he was set on his words. Sergio didn't argue with him, instead, a churning feeling was in the pit of his stomach on whether or not he should expose the one theory he had about Olivia's disappearance.

Maybe he was wrong so he simply replied, "Okay."

Nicholai numbly galloped down the steps, making note to check his surroundings, before getting into his car. His phone dinged with the address.

He had an hour drive to make but he made it there less than thirty five minutes, the traffic lights passing by him in a blur, "Where is he?" He approached Julius, who was dressed sharp, on point, and never missed a beat.

The two men walked down the hollow narrow hallway of the faculty that contained all of the wounded men from tonight, and the one man that didn't belong here was his discounting uncle.

"There's no need for that." Julius informed the brunette nurse, who was attending to Stefan's minor wound. And with just one glance in the Bosses direction, she scurried away to attend to someone else of more importance.

Nicholai felt his uncle's stare on the side of his face as he moved out the way for the young woman to exit, but he never made eye contact.

"It's not what you think.." Stefan gruffly tried to plead but there was nothing to discuss. Nicholai moved forward, eyeing a sedative needle that he would need. "I didn't kill Slyvie, believe me-"

Believe him?

Believe him?

Julius pinned Stefan with little to no effort as Nicholai worked to gather what he needed to put the dog down. No words were exchanged, it was a courtesy to be alive.

Stefan huffed, knowing that he was figuratively dancing around, never once fearing for his shoes to be stepped on. For years he had rehearsed, trying to find the right words to say to call a truce, but as the needle harshly strike him he knew it wasn't going to the be a welcoming family reunion.

Stefan's body dismantled from limp to limp and he didn't struggle knowing it would he useless and his eyes closed slowly, never looking away from his nephew.

"With that dosage he'll be awake less than four hours, where are you taking him?" Julius bravely asked.

"Home."