3: Target.

Chapter 3:

I didn't like to sweat..

Not one bit.

My hair was tangled and pulled back in her grasp as I was slammed against a steel wall. "Where is he?" She sneers, her horrendous breath fanning my face. Releasing a humorless laugh, I collected my breathing. She really had the nerve to think I was going to talk?

"Where's who?" I asked innocently, ignoring her question all in one. She didn't like that I wasn't giving her the answer she needed, and that was a personal problem.

She brings her hand up to punch me, but I quickly dodge her attack, before throwing my elbow back to hit her in her jaw, her hand loosens a little, just enough for me to execute the final play.

Grabbing ahold of her hand that was holding me stranded, I twisted around so she came into a view, I kneed her in the stomach twice before throwing a solid punch to her jaw and she doubles over. "You can do better than that." I spat at her, my hands up waiting for her next move to come, if any. I watched her crawl to the center of the mat in pain.

"You know you really need to stop doing that," She winced while sitting up with a hand pushed to her stomach, and I simply shrugged.

"Force of habit?" I blamed nature. I came out of attack mode to look at my best friend still sitting on the floor. She narrows her eyes at me, before I throw my hands up in surrender. "Next time when you want to make up sessions for us to complete don't grab my hair." It was for her own benefit.

"And stop kneeing me- shit that hurts." She groans, before her hand came up to her jawline, twisting her mouth to see if I broke it but I know I didn't. A few centimeters over then I would have.

"I'll get you some ice." I wave her off, she's had worst than that. She was the only other female in the house with me, but we grew up together. Her parents were shot and killed two weeks before her birthday when she was five, and she was listed to my father by her mother to be her guardian, since they were close and he was the Godfather , but my mother..

After my mother's death, that I didn't dare speak about to anyone- the only people that knew my true feeling about it was my immediate family: Ethan, Alice, my father and myself. Her death made me grow up faster since the age of fourteen and it's been 11 years since I've last heard her sweet 'I love you' Or her gentle hugs.

But I had Alice and she had me, and she was the only other person to understand, and my distance soon brought us back together again. I always looked at her like she was my younger sister, because having a older brother that went out all the time didn't help me, but that's how he coped with the her death and my Dad buried himself in work and I...

I became an assassin.

It wasn't an option to become one, more like I was obligated because of who my father was in the business and I was born into it. I couldn't have been a regular girl wanting to be a doctor, lawyer, vet and all the other normal jobs people would seek after. If they could get to my father it would be destroy his empire, and Ethan and I were apart of that.

I made the hit list at the age of 17 for over 15 kills and my signature for my every one was my mother's favorite flower; a Anemone but I stopped.

It was cruel of me to deflower it with death but it was all I had to hold onto from her-that and her ring that clung to my finger. I knew she wouldn't be proud of who I am today. I am not the daughter that she raised. I am not the daughter that use to be afraid to kill a bug, because I thought everything deserved to live because we had a soul. But my pure soul left with hers, and now I'm just waiting for my time to run out so I can see her again and not just in my dreams.