11. Lions Den.

Chapter 11: 

"Well isn't this a lovely surprise!" Matteo Corsetti answered the door and if I didn't know any better, he was tipsy. "Come in, Come in!" He gestured us in and we followed his directions as we timidly stood in his presence while Ethan shut the door. He looked almost like a kicked puppy when he realized our father didn't follow in after us. "Where's Dominic?"

"He had a busy meeting in Seattle to attend in such a short notice but he sent us in for you, we apologize." Ethan spoke first in such a gentleman fashion that if he would turn us down, he would have lost his touch and some of his ego. Matteo seemed to have come back to reality but he was visibly upset.

"Nonsense, family is always welcomed." He cheered back up. "But before we continue." We watched a bodyguard- that stood over all of us- approach. He went to Ethan first, gesturing him to spread his arms and legs so he could pat him down and he obliged. He moved to Alice next finding nothing then he stood in front of me.

"I'm wearing a skin tight dress do you think that's necessary? And besides.. we just met." I gestured to myself and the man turned his head towards Matteo who obliged to me not being touched.

"Some things never change." Matteo made a comment before continuing into the house, and my cold knife pressed against my back made itself known in that moment and my hand twitched to reach for it.

Alice reached for my hand before letting it go in the same second, she knew me too well.

"Are we eating alone?" I asked, the next step to this mission was being put in motion.

"No, my sons will be joining us soon." Matteo commented. "We don't have to busy ourselves sitting at the table with tension, I can show you around. The place has changed since you two were little, I don't think you would remember."

Ethan and I agreed.

"But I don't remember you?" Matteo addressed Alice. "Family friend?"

"Something like that, yes." She grinned at him before holding her small hand out to him. "Alice." She introduced herself sweetly to him.

"You have his eyes." He mumbled to himself before he continued forward, letting her hand drop back to her side in a awkward manner.

"What did he say?" Alice asked me and scrunching my eyebrows, I had a feeling this man was dangerous in his own head of knowledge. He had all the answers I needed. I just needed to know one..

"Nothing."

He showed us around, making this mission quite easier than expected and it made a feeling surge through me and it wasn't a good one. As if he knew why we were here. Alice and Ethan thought we were hitting the jackpot but I knew better.

We hit three floors, with at least four rooms on each and Alice being as sneaky and invasive she hit every room. And every corner. "I only have two left." She whispered to me while we made our way back downstairs.

"Where did you get this painting?" I asked, my eyes trailing back to the picture that I was so glued to the first time we were here.

"I wouldn't know you would have to ask-" Just then the bodyguard, that seemed to have came out of hiding, opened the door for the two men to enter.