35. Crush.

Chapter 35:

"What about this one?" I trailed my forefinger across his back tattoo- the dragon blowing fire to break the chains. He laid with his back to me while I rested above him to analyze the creations on his body. His eyes were closed, seeming to enjoy my hands on him.

"One of my punishments was solitude, if I didn't meet my fathers standards." My silence told him I wanted to know more to this story. "The dragon represents me and the broken chains is me escaping captivity."

"Where was this place?" I stopped touching him to fold my arms. Matteo was a lot of things but it shouldn't have surprised me to find that out.

"The basement, 25 steps, and just down a little to the right." He recalled by memory of the place that shaped him in more ways than one. "Five steeled bars and a cracked floor with my blood still graved into it, it served as a memory for me to never forget what I was born to do."

"And the scars?"

"Also another punishment." He didn't extend the same courtesy of telling that story and my blood to began to boil out of anger for him. He flipped around, his finger pressing into my waist. "You stopped." He noticed my neglect.

"Well this isn't a conversation most people have." And especially with both of his bare to each other, talking after intimacy wasn't my thing but it didn't seem like it was his either. "Why did you give me the picture back?"

He hummed before he sat up so we were eye level, I pulled back to scornfully look at him. He wasn't getting out of this one. "I gave it back because of the meaning behind it."

"Which was?"

"Bad dreams, that's what it was for. You gave it to me when I needed it so I gave it back, I just didn't know you would lose half your memory the way you did."

"I only seemed to have forgotten about my childhood but everything else I remember, I'm not sure if I remember how to draw."

"Have you tried?" He caressed my sides as he talked, he seemed to love to touch me, subconsciously doing so. I shook my head no, trancing his stubble- it made me wonder what he looked like clean shaved. "I haven't had the time." My finger skipped over his lips to trance the other side. "Are you letting this grow out?"

"No." He tranced my back before feeling for the tight knots that still rested there. He experimented on my back, smoothing them out for me and I rested my forehead against his, my eyes closed. We stayed like this for awhile just letting time past by us.

"Do you regret it?" I repeated what he asked me almost two hours ago. His nose brushed against mine as he moved both of our heads up for him to peck my lips.

"I don't."

My heart picked up in my chest and my brain rolled her eyes at his affection. "Okay." I mumbled, resting the side of my head on his built shoulder. He lowered himself down so I rested on top of him. "I might suffocate you." I had to warn him in case my weight was too much, but he didn't show any signs of discomfort.

He fell asleep first with a strong grip around my waist to make sure I didn't leave again but I moved halfway off his body, my right leg still secured around him. How do we end up here? I was supposed to hate him, not fall into the same bed with him. Help, rather than make things harder for the both of us.