17. Dead Or Alive.

Chapter 17:

"What?" I was truly dumbfounded in this moment the: sarcastic, egotistical, self conflicted me had left my mind. Instead it was replaced with a slight pitch of regret and muddled thoughts has to how he found out. He wasn't suppose to unless.. "Ethan." I whispered to myself.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you." Nicholai tried to approach me, but I already moved to the opposite side of the bed far from their reach. I looked to the two psychopathic brothers that eyed me as if my head should be served on a sliver platter in this very moment.

"Let me explain." I tried to reason, I didn't want a bawl to happen in the middle of the night- we had neighbors to think about. I straightened up seeing Nicholai sit on the edge of the bed, before he gestured for me to sit with him as well.

"I'm good standing thank you," I took a collective breath. "We were sent to spy on you."

"That's obviously enough, care to elaborate?" He flipped his phone in his hand once before he sat it down on the nightstand- a little too aggressively for me.

"Do you? We both have secrets we want to keep don't we?" Sage was growing impatient, I could see it in his stance but he didn't budge in my direction. Even if my words did piss him off.

But my words didn't sit fairly well with Nicholai- he knew what I was really referring to. "Don't test me Olivia, my patience is not suited for ignorance."

"Yours or mine?" I grinned and that was his trigger; he didn't like to be played with. That's too bad.

I heard the clicking of his tongue before he matched me head on. "While you're grinning famously, you should know your dear brother.. what's his name?" He tried to look deep in the thought, and he knew that would set me off. The grin I had on my voice was soon gone.

I took a dangerous step around the bed to come closer to both of them. "What happened?" I could almost hear the sound of the people next door talking before either one of them did. Nicholai seemed to have enjoyed it more than he should while he watched my reaction.

"Your brother is being held captive." Sage interjected not to shortly after, typing away on his cellular device. "Shit." He turned his back to us before placing the phone to his ear and once again left the room, barking for answers and questions. I was desperate enough to follow him.

No, no, no.

No.

"What." I tried to follow after Sage to hear who exactly he was talking to and by the looks of it, it was their father. Nicholai's hand reached out to grab me, but I shoved him away from me. It didn't have much of an effect on him before he followed after me. I couldn't even open the door before he roughly shut it. "Move." I warned him. Now was not the time for one of his games, my older brother was missing.. he can protect himself fine but not against them.. not against them. "Move."

"Olivia calm down." It seemed as if he almost tried to soothe me, after he grinned at the satisfaction of delivering the news of my brother being in the hands of the sadistic Beneventi family besides our own. He wasn't going to make it out alive.

"I have to go get him." I grunted out, trying to pry the door open once more but his strength subdued mine.

"That's a death sentence."

"I don't care." I tried again.

"You don't know where they are. We need time-"

We?

"I don't have time, he doesn't have time, either move or I'll make you." It was an empty threat but he knew I would put up a fight, and it'll be the best one he'd ever experience at that.