6: Ready for Departure.

Chapter 6:

Saturday

Tonight was the night for me to put on a brave face and step out of my comfort zone and mingle with people. Alice was not making it any better by her continuous ongoing chanting by my side. "So what do you plan to wear?"

"Jeans and a nice shirt." I shrugged my shoulders as we continued throughout of the mall- my head on the swivel every five seconds for any signs of danger.

"No ma'am." She shook her head at me like she couldn't believe anything that just came out of my mouth. She latched her arm with mine as she dragged me into a store named Agací. "They look like they have some nice stuff." She looked around for a little bit before all too soon she let go of me and started running throughout the store.

"Alice! Behave yourself." I followed after her in a panic. "Why are we even here anyway? I have clothes at the house."

"That's my point." She held up a navy blue dress before she placed it down and moved two of the dresses out of the way to continue her search. "The shoes you have, yes. But you're clothes.." She didn't finish.

"Just hurry up." I mumbled, going to sit down on the little couch they had. My combat boots ate up the distance in no time and just when I was about to loosen up, I was interrupted.

"Ma'am you can't sit there." I looked up to see a petite white woman with short hair that stopped just above her shoulders. My eyes narrowed at her before my eyes tracked down to her name tag. And I looked back up into her brown eyes but I didn't budge. "Ma'am?"

"Here we go." Alice mumbled not too far from me and I crossed my legs before smiling politely.

"Why have a couch when customers can't sit?" I questioned. "I don't believe I even received a welcome to- What's this place called?"

She cleared her throat, "Agaci."

"Agací." I couldn't hide my accent. "Gina right?" I asked her, pointing to her name tag. "While you're busy with me you should see the two women that just walked out of here with a necklace and a couple of rings and a braclet, maybe even a shirt, but that's just a lucky guess but unfortunately for you, you've just been robbed."

She turned on her heels completely startled to see them running out of the store with a grin of mischief plastered on their faces. "That's tough," I tsked before standing up. "but I'll get up to make you feel better."

"T-Thank you." She started for the phone behind the register to call security but those girls were long gone by now.

"You didn't have to do that to the poor girl." Alice shook her head with disapproval.

"She got what was coming to her, might as well put a sign on it saying 'just for decoration'." She had at least five dresses in her hand and it made me want to run out of the store.

"Go try these on." She pushed them towards me and I stumbled a little as I tried to keep my balance from her unexpected force.

"But-" Her stern cold face told me to shut up and go do what she said, and not wanting to upset the bear I went and did what I was told.

         "That was fun wasn't it?" Alice literally skipped into my room and I flicked my phone out of my back packet to see it read 4:33 and we left at 11. Talk about wasted time.