18. Gentleman.

*Not edited if you see something just let me know*

Chapter 18:

The next morning after a hectic night, I had laid my eyes to rest but that was only for three hours. Sage ended up sleeping on the lower part of my bed -stretched out horizontally- while Nicholai indeed rustled around in his slumber.

Cracking my eyes open, I was stunned to see another pair of eyes looking at me. It seemed as if he was almost admiring me. "Good morning sleeping beauty," I jumped back before reaching for my.. wait where was it? "looking for this?" The man twirled my gun around like it was toy, before he casually sat it down on the desk close to me. "I won't hurt you." His voice was sincere, and it made me believe he was a lunatic, or maybe it was the fact that I believed him without knowing who he was.

"Who are you?" And why was he watching me sleep?

"No offense taken." The boy rose from the desk to sit on the edge of the bed. "Names Sergio, I don't usually get called that when I'm in bed." He winked at me. "You must be Olivia Ludavico?"

"You know me?"

"I think everyone knows who you are ma'am." I wrinkled my nose at his formality. "Go ahead and check me out, but don't worry I only have one weapon on me." If he wasn't coming on too strong, I would have found his wittiness charming.

"You're not my type." I flicked the covers off before rolling to the other side of the bed to stand. He stood up to face me, and once my vision came back clear, I took a real good look at him. He was attractive- no doubt about that: Tan skin, down turned eyes with what seemed to be hazel, but that was only because of how the sun was hitting him. They could just be brown. He had no piercing- much to my surprise-with a clean shaved face; he almost looked a baby. He dressed casual, olive green shirt with faded blue jeans and white air forces with a necklace that held initials: SG. "How old are you?"

"Just turned 21." He gloated before he gave me the biggest smile on of his life. The kid was a little bit thrown off, I could tell.

"And how did you end up here?" Not here in the hotel, but in the business, and he knew what I meant.

"Trick question?" He laughed. "Age 14, I was beaten and sold into sex trafficking, can you believe that? Long story short a few tricks up my sleeve, I was roaming through the city of New York with no money and food, but you can guess who was there." He was quick to tell me his life story, and from that I knew he was an open book. I admired that.

"Nicholai." That was simple enough.

"What? No." He looked almost hurt that I guessed wrong. "It was his father that took me in."

"Matteo took you in?"

"Did I mention I was 14?"

"Okay..." I sighed before trying to fix my hair. "I need a pen." I said thoughtlessly.

"Here." He opened the drawer before tossing me one. "This place has everything."

"Something tells me you've been here before." I skeptically said while wrapping my hair around the pen to secure it into a low bun.

"A couple nights ago." He shrugged, before a chill ran through him and he shook it off. "It wasn't the best experience."

"You're cute." I laughed before going to the bathroom to rinse my face and brush my teeth with the supplies given to me, it wasn't a fancy toothbrush like my own, but I sure as hell wasn't going to be the one walking around with funky breath. "Did they leave you to look after me?" We needed to leave, and I didn't need to be babysat.