33. Into the Dusk.

Not Edited.

Chapter 33:

This was just wonderful.

I calmly shut my drawer back closed. "Did anyone teach you not to go through women's stuff?"

"It's only fair that I return the favor," He stood with the photo peeking at me, our parents looked to have been caught; the lies and deceptions came to the surface through their smiles. "To videotaping, unannounced visits in my office, Matteo's room." He listed my many schemes before he held up the evidence I stole. "And now I have this."

"It's not important." I stalled.

"No?" He stalked forward, his hand fished for my left hand that held the ring. I quickly snatched my wrist back so he couldn't see. "You're hiding something from me."

"I don't have anything to hide from you." I grabbed at the picture but he pushed my hand out of the way before he hid it behind his back. "Nicholai, I don't have time for this, give it back." I threatened.

He stepped into the space between us, my words holding no power to him. "Puoi provare." He jeered, waiting for my action to his words. "Explain this." He held the photo up again like he dared to me try again to take it away from him.

"That's my mother." I pointed to her. "And your father." I moved my finger over. "I don't
know who took the picture-" His hand closed around my throat before I could finish my sarcastic remark.

"Olivia." He thawed out my name. "I'm not here for games." He warned me time and time again.

"Then what are you here for?" I closed my hand around his wrist, my chest brushing against his. "You're wedding rehearsal didn't go well?" I derided him. With the strength I had left, I peeled his hand off of me before going into my bathroom, ignoring him calling my name to come back. "You can leave." I removed the band from around my hair to release my greased hair from the its ponytail, and my hair rippled over my shoulders into a wavy curled up mess that would be dealt with. "I'm marrying her." He declared. Great, so he was still here.

"We know that already." I drastically opened my bottom cabinet to look for my new set of shampoo and conditioner.

"I'm going through with it."

I half slammed, half sat, the products down on the counter before looking at him through my mirror to see if he was trying to get under my skin. "What?"

"Amelia Beneventi will be my wife." He said it slower for me this time, letting his words marinate. "Two and half weeks." He marked the calendar in my head to remind me of how much time we had left.

"When did you decide that?" I grabbed my wide tooth comb to pick through my hair for any detangles, I tried to not let it bother me.

"Today actually," He stepped into my bathroom with me. "Before you ran off to visit my-"  He skipped the word like his tongue was tied.

"Your father." Finishing his thought, I kept my answers simple and light just like his. "I needed something from him."

"And what possibly could that have been?" He searched for more while I continued to detangle my hair in peace; he didn't like the quietness like I did. "Olivia if you don't start talking-"

"You'll do what?" I called his bluff. "Threaten me? Kill me?" I scoffed, knowing he wasn't going to do anything to affect me.

"You don't think I have the right to know?" He ridiculed me. My body began to warm up due to me becoming more angry and he just wanted let it go.