27. Execution.

Chapter 27:

We had a plan.

And in three weeks time I would be able to move on with my life from helping the Corsetti family.

I made up my mind that I wasn't due for a relationship- a committed one at that. It could be only lust there but my brain wanted to overthink it to be something major. 'Yeah keep telling yourself that.' My self conscious added in every time I went against her.

I didn't let it get to me as I hurled myself over the railing before pressing my back to the wall. "What do you see?" It was Kayden speaking to me through the earpiece, normally is these situations it would be my brother but he still hasn't said two words to me and it's been three days since then. What a way to say thank you for saving my life.

A few of my heart strings- that were still there- pinched together knowing he wasn't working with me on this.

Looking into the abandoned building, I saw the men working for Gerardo Beneventi, such a shame. They were moving weapons but my attention went a loud bang, seeing a man covering the last box of what looked to be cocaine- it was. "Vattene!" One of them signaled for them to roll out.

The truck engines came to life before the headlights almost blinded my eyesight. "They're on the move." I directed to Kayden. "Get Crixus to track them, if not already."

"You shouldn't be up there by yourself." Kayden for the third time reminded me, completely ignoring my demand. The lectures that came from the men were starting to agitate me to no end.

With my sniper rifle, I set it up quickly and swiftly before looking through the scope. "Alright boys..." I hummed to myself before my index wrapped around the metal cold trigger. "That's not what you are up there for." Kayden ruined my source of entertainment.

"I was just thinking about it, I wasn't going to do it." I huffed before taking a closer look. "Wait.."

It was Micheal.

My jaw clenched just watching his rotten teeth move in his mouth as he spoke. "It's his son."

"Which one?"

"Micheal." My finger itched to pull the trigger. "He doesn't look too happy." He used his hands while he talked, clearly upset, before he face turned a shade red. The poor boy-he looked to be just starting out in the business- looked to try to plead with him but his face twisted to the side from the smack that came from Micheal.

That's when a hand collapse on his shoulder, and moving to see who it was, it was Levi jeans.. I mean Levi. "I've been hanging around Sage too much." I mumbled to myself.

The boy scurried off and I took a mental picture of him before reporting to Kayden, he might be our go to on getting inside information, but that was only a fifty percent chance if he wanted to talk freely. I described him to the best of my ability, but with the security cameras, that Lorenzo tapped into, we should be able to find him just for that.

"Alright I'm coming down." Unhooking the suitcase once more, I dismantled my weapon before clicking it back into place. "What's my estimate?"

"I'll give it 8 minutes." Kayden gave me my time stamp to get down and out of here.

Throwing myself over the railing again, I braced myself for impact and the metal stairs sung to the beat. Just then, the back door to the building was swung open. If it wasn't for me wearing all black and the downgrading member not paying attention to his surroundings, it would be a lost cause.