7: Mission.

Chapter 7:

We arrived a little bit over the time but seeing multiple foreign cars and a few limos I knew we weren't the only ones. "What kind of party is this?" I asked. Their house was huge- bigger than ours- and they had three big fountains of water and the garden was groomed and kept nice. The driveway was huge and to the left I saw a basketball court? Or was that tennis?

We arrived at the gate to be let in. "Name?"

"Dominic Ludavico." My father continued to walk past the man and the his eyes widen for a split second, seeing how bluntly rude he was being for not even waiting to be confirmed to be let in.

We followed behind him and Kayden and the men flocked behind us. Alice patted the mans cheek before continuing on her way. The doors were already opened and it made me wonder who was in charge of security, but knowing this family they could be everywhere.

It looked almost formal. A couple of chandeliers hung from the ceiling and the marble floor was spotless from any marks. A few pictures hung up around us, mostly art. Two double doors stood and it made me wonder where those lead to, but before I could take another look around we were interrupted with a few waiters and waitresses holding up flutes- that I assumed were filled with champagne.

I waved the man away from me before we walked further into the room. A DJ was on the mini stage playing ball music and it was almost soothing if it could be heard over the talking of people mingling with each other.

"Ah Dominic you made it." Matteo came from out from the shadows to introduce himself once again. "Glad you could make it."

"Mhm." My father hummed before he dropped his hand from his. "Always a pleasure."

Matteo's eyes darted behind my father to us. "You've brought more than an extra I see."

"My family, si. We won't stay long." My father barely had any words to utter.

"Nonsense, we're all family here." He patted his shoulder twice a little harder than necessary and my fathers eyes trailed down to were he was touched before he looked back up and a fake smile on his face.

"You've met my daughter." He gestured to me before he moved on. "This is Ethan, and Alice." He introduced the family before Kayden and his men.

I looked behind me to see Kayden that held no emotions step forward to shake the mans hand. "Pleasure to meet you sir." He was formal in his word, but the hand shake didn't go unnoticed by anyone as we watched them dual for power over the other. Dropping his hand back to his side, he went back to his position before his eyes scanned the premises.

"I've met Sage, but not the other." My father hinted and Matteo flexed his fingers. "Is Nicholai here?"

"Si, he is. He should be down in a minute, he had some business to take care of." Matteo's eyes hardened and he looked almost satisfied with what was being handled. I choose to mind my own.

"Looking forward to it, I want to see how the boy has grown." My father departed away from him but my eyes stayed glued to Matteo trying to figure him out, everybody moved forward but Kayden stayed glued behind me waiting for my next move.

Matteo didn't miss my stare either as we made eye contact and the grin he once had disappeared. "You look so much like your mother." It was a mere whisper but it wasn't hard to make out what he said. And with that he took his leave of absence and my curiosity rose.

"Let's go." Kayden ushered me forward and I allowed him to- trying to not dwell in the moment. I met back up with Alice seeing her sitting down at one of the tables.