Chapter 5

(Six months later)

Beep beep beep. It's my phone. Jackie. It must be her. I think to myself. And it is her.

MEET ME IN MY ROOM IN 5!!

The words sprawl across the screen. Okay, time to go.

I am taking a walk. I

had asked Jen, Dayo, Jack, and Amandla to come with me, but they were all busy. And did I mention its my birthday? I guess I left that out.

I sigh. It really is time to go. I can make it back to the hotel in about 10 minutes, but not 5. Whatever Jackie wants can wait. I start walking.

The hotel is finally come into view. And look! 10 minutes have passed! What did I say?

I open the front doors and enter the lobby. Hmm. It's surprisingly quiet. Strange.

I stride to the elevator and press the button for the 7th floor, which is where the whole cast stays.

I can't stop wondering why Jackie wants me to come. It couldn't be about me and Xander. I had told her everything since square 1. Now, almost everyone knows we're dating. It doesn't faze anyone anymore.

The elevator stops before I can think of any other reasons. I walk down to her room - 721 - shove in her key card, and open the door.

"Jackie?" I call. Her room is empty and dark. "Jackie?" I yell again, louder this time.

"Surprise!" An array of voices sing. A surprise party? For me? I knew they cared about me!

"Oh my gosh!" I say. "You guys are so sweet! Jackie, did you set this up?"

"Nope." Says Jackie. She points to Xander.

"Xander?" I start, staring at him. He grins like a 5-year-old. "You didn't!" I say. He nods.

I run into his arms and give him a kiss.

"Thank you so much!" I said, giggling.

"Ugh!" Jackie groans. "Save the sappy romance stuff for when you're alone." Xander and I both laugh.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Dayo asks. "Let's party!" Every one cheers for this idea.