Chapter 38

(This chapter is dedicated to HolyAnnie bc she SHE WEARS CROCS AND SHE'S PROUD!!!!

First person to count the words gets a dedication. Yeah. Bc I'm lazy.)

Isabelle's POV

I just got a call from the director of After Earth. I guess there's a whole dinner party that we are supposed to go to tonight. Nobody tells me anything.

Thankfully it's in Hawaii - only half an hour away from where we are staying. Well, now I have to tell Alexander.

And one more problem.

It starts in 1 hour.

"Xander," I say from the bed.

"Yes?" He answers from the closet.

"Wellikindahavetogotoadinnerpartytonightforthemovie," I tell him really fast.

"Excuse me?"

"I have to go to a dinner party for After Earth. Everyone's gonna be there, I guess. I just found out a few minutes ago." I explain.

"Oh," he says, sadly.

"I'm sorry, Xander."

"It's okay."

"Well I have to get ready."

I walk to the closet and hug him tightly. He turns around and kisses my nose. I scrunch it up.

"You're so cute when you scrunch your nose," Xander tells me.

"You're so cute always," I reply.

I push him out of my way to look for something to wear. I don't want to wear a dress. I didn't bring any except sundresses and I don't think that would be the best thing to wear.

"How about that outfit I bought you a few days ago?"

"Great idea, Xander!"

He walks to dresser and chucks the outfit at me. I duck and it hits the closet door. I pick it up and put it on.

Seriously, what would I do without this guy?

You'd probably die, Isabelle.

Yeah, that's true.

*

*

*

"Bye, guys!" I call out from the car.

"Bye!" Sophia says.

I start to back out of the driveway, but Xander starts running out if the garage and comes up to the window.

"Wait!" He says.

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"What time do you think you'll be back?"

"Around 10ish."

"Okay. Just know that I'll be missing you as I watch the results show for America's Got Talent."

"You can't watch it without me!"

"Then you'll just have to stay here and watch it with me."

"Maybe I will."

I put the car in park and get out. I jump into Xander's arms. He sets me down and holds my hand. We walk to the living room and turn on America's Got Talent.

I snuggle up next to him as Nick Cannon rambles on and on about something Mariah Carey told him last night. Just shut up! Nobody gives a crap!

Finally, the performances start. The fire dancers are pretty cool. So is the magician. The rapper guys need to go home.