Chapter 22

Alexander's POV

Dinner was delicious. Lasagna with garlic bread and salad. It feels like home.

Mom is bringing out coffee mugs and ice cream. Rocky road? Yes! My favorite! It's also Sophia's, so we fist bump.

"I have an announcement to make." Isabelle says. Okay. "You all know that I am pregnant, but when we went to the doctor this morning, we found out I'm expecting twins!"

Mom and dad clap. We all toast to it. Sophia clinks her glass of milk against our big coffee mugs.

"And thank you so much for inviting us here!" She continues. "Is there a special reason?"

Oh crap. How am I going to explain this?

"Didn't you tell her, Alexander?" Mom asks. No, mom. I did not.

"Uh." I say.

"Xander, what are you up to?" Isabelle urges.

"Well, since we do leave tomorrow, I guess I have no choice." I mumble. "We're going to Hawaii!"

"Oh my gosh!"Isabelle screams. Mom places her hand on her shoulder, and she gets the message. I call it 'the touch.' She can get anyone with that.

"Xander! Sharlene! Herald! Thank you so much!" She squeals.

"You're welcome!" Mom and dad reply in unison.

She hops over to me and gives me huge hug. I don't know how she is capable of that when I can lift her up with a finger.

I kiss her head, and she kisses my cheek. Tonight, I have some free time. I will go back to my old room and sleep in there, I think.

"Thank you for dinner, mom!" Sophia declares. "We are going upstairs!" They race up the stairs like they're two little girls- oh wait, they are!

Maybe they'll actually get some sleep.