Chapter 37

(A/N: I'm trying to write at 250+ words for each chapter now. Anyone who counts how many there are gets an automatic dedication."

Sophia's POV

"Hey," Jeremy says awkwardly.

"Hey," I reply, smiling.

"So how are you?" He asks.

"I'm doing well. How about you?" I answer.

"I'm great!" He says. "I had a diving meet this morning so I'm pretty pumped."

He reaches for the radio and turns it on.

"Do you mind?" Jeremy asks politely.

"No," I answer. "Not at all."

My absolute favorite song at the moment comes on. A Team by Ed Sheeran. I move my head along with the guitar.

"Do you like this song?" He asks. Jeremy, not Ed.

"Yes!" I exclaim. "It's one of my favorites!"

He chuckles and pulls into a cool looking restaurant that has a huge red sign that says, 'RAY'S'. He finds a parking spot and gets out.

Then he comes around to my side and opens my door. Wow. What a gentleman.

"Thanks!" I grin.

He takes my hand and leads me to the entrance. As soon as the door opens a delicious smell wafts through my nose. Oh gosh. That smells good.

"Table for two please," Jeremy says to a woman at the counter.

"That'll be about 10 minutes, sir," she replies, handing him a buzzer. "Here's your buzzer."

We thank her and walk away. There aren't really any chairs to sit on, so we just stand. Suddenly, Jeremy pulls my arm.

"Come on!" He tells me kind of loudly. There are so many people talking, it's difficult to hear yourself think.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask suspiciously.

"Just follow me!" He urges, and I comply.

He drags (great, more dragging) me over to a different section of the restaurant. Sort of a little store or something. He brings me to the corner or the store, near the window.

He shows me a juice dispenser.

This is what you wanted to show me, Jeremy? A juice dispenser?

He lifts up a cup and pours some juice into it. He hands it to me before pouring some for himself. Again with the gentleman stuff! Wow!

I take a sip and OH MY GOSH! This is the most delicious orange juice I have ever taste in my life!

"Do you like it?" He asks curiously.

"This is AMAZING!" I squeal. "I HAVE to buy some!"

I turn around and pick up two cartons of this amazingness. I bring them over to the cash register to pay for them. I fish out a 10 dollar bill from my wallet.

"Thank you so much!" I tell the cashier.

Jeremy walks over to me and tells me that its time to go sit down. I quickly pick up my bag of juice and follow him back into the main room.

*

*

*

"Thank you so much for dinner, Jeremy," I say, smiling. "I had a great time!"

Dinner was really yummy. I had a bacon cheeseburger. It was probably one of the best burgers I've ever had.

"Oh, no problem!" He replies. "I'm glad you liked it. It was fun finally wing around someone my own age. I've been traveling so much this summer. And it's not even July yet!"

I laugh, causing him to laugh too. He leans in and I do too. He gently pecks my lips and pulls away. I smile shyly, and I can tell I'm blushing like crazy.

"Not too much closer," someone calls from outside. Xander. Way to ruin the moment, brother.

"Goodnight, Jeremy," I say, opening my door and grabbing my bag. "I'll text you."

He nods and smiles. I get out of the car and trot over to Xander. I slap him hard on the shoulder.

"OW!" He yells. "What was that for?"

"Ruining my date," I smirk slightly.

I walk away with as much sass as I can, which is not much. I open the door and see Isabelle sitting on the couch watching America's Got Talent. Strange girl.

"Sophia!" She exclaims. "How was your date? Was it fun? Tell me everything!"

---------------------------------------------

Yay! Two chapters in one week! I'm in a good mood! I was at a sleepover and I didn't got to bed until 3:45 AM and I was watching Tuff Puppy, Planet Sheen, and Kung Fu Panda. So yeah, that explains it...

So, again, if anyone wants to help me write the next chapter *cough *cough @HolyAnnie or AlexbelleSwift *cough *cough

I'm currently writing this in bed while I'm supposed to be sleeping and I probably should. I'm tired.

Goodnight, Mustaches 〰 (<-- does that look like a mustache? Yes? Okay, great! Wonderful!)

AAANNDDDDD! The first person to comment "I wear Crocs and I'm proud!" Gets a dedication. Or no one does. Whichever...

So goodnight for real, Mustaches!