Chapter 44

Isabelle's POV

Oh my gosh. I can't believe I'm going to pick out a dress today. Wow. I'm so excited!

"You ready?" Madeline asks me.

"Yeah, I'll just grab my purse," I answer.

We're going to a cute bridal shop in LA to pick something out. We're going to meet my mom, Sharlene and Sophia, Jackie, Leven and Jen. It's gonna be so much fun!

We get into Madeline's car and drive to the shop. I turn on the radio and Radioactive by Imagine Dragons comes on.

"I love this song!" I exclaim.

We finally reach the dress place and see Leven, Jackie and Jen.

"Oh my gosh!" I laugh. "I haven't seen you in ages!"

I run over to them and hug them all. Madeline follows and gives them hugs them too.

"How are you?" Jackie asks. "How's the kids?"

"I'm well!" I reply. "I think they are too. But how about you?"

I put my hands on her stomach. It's almost as large as mine now. Gosh. It has been a while.

"Good! But gosh, this pregnancy is tiring!" She laughs.

"Tell me about it!" I agree.

"How are you guys?" I ask Leven and Jen. "How's Dayo?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

Leven and Dayo started going out a little bit before Xander proposed.

"He's fine," she replies.

"Shall we go inside?" Jen asks.

"Yeah!" We all agree.

We walk inside the store and go to the front desk. A woman with short brown hair greets us.

"Hi! I'm Lorraine," she smiles. "Who's the bride?"

I raise my hand and she leads us to a big dressing area. She begins to ask me questions.

"So where are you having the wedding?" She asks.

"The beach," I answer.

"What kind of style are you looking for?"

"Preferably a princess or a tea length dress."

"Alright. Lets go in the back and look for some."

She leads me to a big area with a TON of dresses. She pulls out a few and we go to a dressing room.

She hands me a dress and I wriggle it on. She zips it up in the back and I look in the mirror. I frown.

"I don't like the color of this one," I tell her.

"Okay," she says. "Try this one."

I take the dress off and put the next one on. This one is much more my style. It has a lace top and a fluffy bottom.

We walk out to show the girls. I see that my mom, Sophia and Sharlene have joined the group.

"Ooh! I like this one!" Sophia exclaims.

"Turn around," Leven commands.

I turn and she says, "I think it's a bit too poofy."

"What do you think, Mom?" I ask.

"It's very pretty," she says. "It just doesn't seem like The One."

I nod and go to put the next one on. This one is a little bit shorter and has really pretty beading.