III. LET GO

CHAPTER THREELet Go

CHAPTER THREE
Let Go

(FOUR MONTHS AGO)
! mentions of anxiety !

Bad news was a recurring theme for the Pogues, it felt like it couldn't get worse and yet, it still did.

There was a soft knock at the Chateau.  A sigh left John B's lips as he flung his legs over the couch, standing up from his comfortable spot on the couch and shuffled over to answer the door. By the fuzzy outline of the person standing on the doorstep, the boy could take a good guess at it being Noah Creed before he pushed the exterior door open.

Once he pushed open the door, John offered a nervous smile. His eyebrows pinched together and he felt dread sinking in his stomach at the pale face of Noah. A feeling he wished that he wasn't familiar with.

"Good, you are here," Noah mumbled. The brunet stepped out the way and quietly welcomed him in. The man's brown eyes flickered around the room, "is JJ here?"

"Yeah, I'm here" The blond emerged, leaning his body against the doorframe. He crossed his arms over his chest and used a hand to run through his messy hair, staring at the man that resembled the girl he misses a little too much for his liking.

"Peterkin came over this morning. They have decided to close the case," Noah's voice sounded soft, extremely fragile, as if his heart was about to break, or perhaps it already had broken.

"They can't do that, they have to keep searching. She's still out there, I- I refuse to believe differently until I see evidence" John B blurted out. His frown deepened as his head started to spin and anger bubbled up inside him.

"They asked if I gave permission to file a petition to pronounce her presumed death" Noah continued to say with sad eyes. The room fell silent for a long second as the teenagers tried to gather their thoughts and let the words sink in.

"So that's it? You are just going to give up on her like that?" The brunette snapped without thinking straight.

Noah stared at him dumbfounded, "John–"

"It's been three months. They shouldn't be closing the case. You are giving up on her. If it was the other way round, she wouldn't ever give up on any of us like this, and you know it!" John B's hands gestured frantically. Heat rose in his cheeks as the anger that was soaking through him, he couldn't believe what he was listening to.

"It's fully in my control now" The former father weakly explained. John B let out a humourless laugh as a perfunctory smile tugged at his lips.

"Then declare to keep the case open until there's evidence. Or literally anything other than this!" John B raised his voice, forgetting to consider to two that stood in the room with him.