XXV. LINDSAY CREED

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVELindsay Creed‿︵‿︵‿︵

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
Lindsay Creed

(FOUR YEARS AGO)

Her mother was a good person.

Since she was old enough to hold onto memories, Avery believed that her mother was good. Every little girl sees their mother through the kaleidoscope of pure love and nurture. She saw that woman through rose-tinted glasses, or she was only seeing parts of her that weren't hidden from her.

Lindsay Creed was a woman of wonders. She was hippie, always picking wild flowers to arrange and display. Avery remembered how she would pick a handful, tie them with a broken thread and gift them to her on the walk home. She remembered her wrists dressed in multiple bracelets, some were thick and heavy, others were threaded and had small pendents weaved through them. She adored raiding her wardrobe, picking out her favourite patterns and colours, some items stayed with her until present day.

Everyone that met Lindsay would say that she was kind and polite, always wore a smile when talking about the woman. Avery remembered how her mother would sing some soft tune, most likely a Lana Del Rey or Billy Joel song, when aiding her grazed knees. She taught Avery her manners and reminded her to be kind to others, telling her that kindness doesn't cost anything and acts as the best defence.

Her mother was the one to inspire her to start painting. Avery caught her painting a sunflower once, growing obsessed with the talent her mother possessed. So, when she wasn't surfing or in the store with her father, or causing chaos with her friends, she was in her mothers company. Avery still had a few of her mother's sketch books in her room, buried under her bed with the rest of her old art supplies.

Although, when Avery thinks about it, there was times that she didn't like her mother. At some point, not long before she went missing, memories began to blur. Lindsay stopped plaiting her hair before she went surfing, never watered the flowers, and her father started doing a lot more for her.

"Hey, dad" Avery's cheery voice walked into the kitchen. Her father was sat at the kitchen table, a blueprint of his newest board in front of him.

Looking up, smiling at the sight of the young blonde, Noah greeted her, "hey, little one"

"What you working on?" She hummed, peeking over at the plan. Avery stood behind his chair and draped her arms over his shoulder, resting her chin on her hand.

"A new board," He shortly replied, jotting a quick, messy note before putting his pencil down. "Thinking about adding a motor. A surfboard that can surf without waves"