XXIII. REDFIELD

CHAPTER TWENTY THREERedfield ‿︵‿︵‿︵

Redfield

(PRESENT)

Avery spammed the horn, making John B let out a loud laugh.

Standing out the back of the docks, JJ and Pope turned to see the two beaming at them. John B gestured with his hand, not even having to say anything to encourage them to get in. They wandered over to the van and the side door slid open, JJ jumped in first with Pope following, shutting the door behind him.

It was a short drive through the Cut to the Wreck, Pope was the first to volunteer to go get Kiara. Although the boy emerged, calling out that she wasn't coming. Both blonde's looked over at John B, Avery frowned before her eyes widening. She had been observing the pair for the last few days, noticing every little thing.

"What'd you do to her, John B?" JJ frowned, narrowing his eyes at his friend. The brunet cursed out loud.

"You did not!" Avery gasped, her parted lips formed a grin as her friend shot a glare her way, making her throw her head back and laugh like a child.

"Hang on. I'll deal with it" John B said, opening the car door and stepping out.

"Am I missing something here?" JJ asked with a baffled expression. His arms snaked around the back of her seat, resting over her shoulders as she leaned against the seat, her head titled towards the window.

She turned her head and peered over at him, only noticing him resting his chin on his bicep. His face was close, his warm breath tickled her neck, causing her skin to bubble. Avery hummed, "he totally kissed her"

"There is no way he actually did it" JJ chuckled. He knew that John B had a thing for Kiara but never believed that he would make a move on her.

"He totally did. That's why she won't come with us, it's awkward. I know it" She grinned, being overly sure she had sussed her friend's situation.

"Bet on it," JJ smirked cheekily, "If he did, you win–"

"New surfboard wax. Watermelon scented" Avery finished his sentence with a smile.

He chuckled and continued, "and if he doesn't, I win a kiss"

"It's a bet" Avery giggled and stuck her hand up for him to shake, which he gladly did, taking her hand in his and shook on it.

"What's a bet?" Pope appeared by the passenger window, leaning his folded arms on frame. His eyes bounced between the two grinning blonde's skeptically.