IV. SURFBOARD

CHAPTER FOURSurfboard

CHAPTER FOUR
Surfboard

(THREE MONTHS AGO)

The Pogue's weren't the only ones feeling the side effects of losing Avery.

Noah Creed flipped the sign, closing the store half hour earlier since there wasn't any costumers and he needed a break from the day. The man had dedicated himself obsessively to working, discovering that it kept him distracted from everything else, from thinking about his missing daughter.

Walking through the store, he flicked off the light switches as he passed them. After checking the store was safe to leave for the night, he glanced turned around and saw light coming through the breaded curtain. Ironically, he wasn't phased by it and made his way over to the curtain, pushing it out of his way as he stepped into the room.

"I wondered when you would sneak in," Noah chuckled softly, his lips tugging into a smile as his eyes landed on the head of blond, messy hair. "It's good to see you, J"

JJ peered up and met his eyes, straighten up his posture, "You too"

"What are you doing?" Noah asked the teen. He gestured with a curt nod towards the board JJ was hovering over.

"I thought to continue the board, if that's okay, of course. I just- I need to focus on something else before I go shit crazy" He sighed, leaning on his palms against the worktop surface.

"I get it, and you know it's fine. I was planning on doing some errands around here anyways. Some company would be good for me" The hazel eyed man offered a smile.

For a while the two got on with their own thing. JJ was sanding down the nose of the board, a small cloud of dust floated around him. Since Noah opened the surf shack, JJ had observed him craft boards and Avery taught him everything he knew. She followed in her father's steps when it came to chasing waves, it was pretty much a given when it came to the Creed bloodline, they were always destined for the waves.

Before Avery went missing, she was working on a board. There was no particular reason to the board, not that JJ knew of. Recently he had picked up where she left off, determined to craft the board for her. She had a whole blueprint noted down which made it a lot easier for him.

"Did she ever tell you why she was making this board?" JJ voiced, peering up at the man briefly, who was sorting through the disorganised shelves.

Noah pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and looked over at the blond, "She didn't tell you?"

The teenager glanced up, noting Noah's saddened features and slowly shook his head. The former father sighed and shrugged slightly, "It was for you"