XXVIII. SARAH CAMERON

CHAPTER TWENTY NINESarah Cameron‿︵‿︵‿︵

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
Sarah Cameron

(PRESENT)

Avery's face appeared on the monitor, scrunching up as bubbles erupted from her nose.

Putting the drone to the test, Pope had set it up and was trying to tolerate JJ who wanted to press and know everything. John B pushed Avery out the way, tapping on the device and pulled a face. Once he swam away from it, Kiara appeared, dancing her way towards it. Nearly running out of breathe, Avery pushed herself up to the surface until her head broke through and she gasped for air.

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly man" JJ's voice was the first thing she heard when her ears unpopped. He stood up straight, his blue eyes gazing down at the water to notice Avery bopping around. "What would we do without you to control the drones?"

"Technically, It's not a drone. It's a ROV" Pope corrected him.

"Shut up, it's too early for that right now" JJ resorted. He stepped over towards the banister and leaned against it, resting on his elbows as he looked back out to the open waters.

"Hey look, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim" John B spoke up, bobbing in the water besides Avery.

"It's such bullshit, why we have to do that?" JJ complained, anything that involved the law bothered him, he simply didn't believe in it.

"Isn't there such thing as a maritime salvage law?" Avery butted in, squinting her eyes as she looked up at the pair on the platform.

"Yeah. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up" Pope continued from what Avery said.

"I know, I know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro" JJ defended, proving a good point.

"As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp" John B said. Avery glanced over at him with a frown, unsure what he meant exactly but assumed that it would work it their favour nevertheless.

"How do you know all of that?" Kiara let out a chuckle.

"Cause my dad said it, like, a million times" John B replied.

The conversation moved on, Pope talking about the tether and how the wrong weather would ruin their plan. JJ peered down at his feet to see the blonde grasp the ladder, pulling herself up. She was wearing a white suit with tiny cherries and red seams, the one piece hugged her perfectly. Her usual waves were slick back, already slowly crimping her wet hair. She looked gorgeous and JJ had to force his eyes away from her.