XLII. WELL WELL WELL

CHAPTER FORTY TWOWell Well Well‿︵‿︵‿︵

CHAPTER FORTY TWO
Well Well Well

(PRESENT)

The next morning, Avery was thrilled to see John B still alive.

"Oh," John B groaned in pain. An arm slowly wrapped around his friend's waist, "okay, Aves. Hi, I love you too"

"You scared me," She mumbled into his shoulder, feeling his chest vibrate with a chuckle. Avery stepped out of the hug and whacked his shoulder, "don't ever do it again"

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope asked, leaning back in his seat with his hands behind his head.

"I don't know, Pope" John B frowned and shook his head slightly. He hissed quietly at aching pain lingering as he lowered himself into a seat.

"What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?" JJ joined in nonchalantly joined in the teasing.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest or do you have to buy one of your own?" Pope continued, raising his eyebrows.

"Look, you promise," Kiara voiced, "you said you weren't with her"

"Bro, just own it. She got you" The blond boy couldn't help the smirk tugging at the corner of his lip.

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah" Kiara bluntly announced, making Avery roll her eyes.

"Come on, she's actually not that bad" The Creed girl said, ignoring the glare Kiara gave her. She simply shrugged and crossed her arms over her chest, leaning against the beam behind her.

"Do you guys see her here?" John B perked, "No, right. Okay. A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right?"

The one place that Avery didn't expect the map to lead them was to the Crain house. She reluctantly stepped out of the back of the Twinkie, staring up at the creepy house towering over them. Following the group to the wall, Avery could have swore she saw movement in one of the windows.

"I heard that Mrs. Crain buried her husband's head on the property" JJ announced, making everyone look at him with the same expression.

"This is a stupid idea" Avery muttered, swatting a branch that flung back, out of Kiara's passing hand, away from her.

"Look, you know who's house this is, right?" Kiara asked as if she was the only one that had heard the horror stories about the place.