IX. HURRICANE AGATHA

CHAPTER NINEHurricane Agatha

CHAPTER NINE
Hurricane Agatha

(PRESENT)

Mornings were never her favourites.

The sound of the toilet flushing made Avery stir awake, quietly groaning as the morning sunshine shone through the window and casted over her face as she rose her bedhead from the pillow. As usual, the blond boy was wrapped around her, snoring slightly. She envied how heavy JJ slept when she woke up at the sound of the minor things.

"Morning, AC" John B's voice was laced with sleep, having just started to move and wake himself up. He appeared at the doorframe and paused for a moment, giving her a wave that she groggily returned.

"Hey, John" She rubbed her eyes and fell back, pushing her elbow from under. Her friend chuckled as he walked off.

Feeling his arms tighten around her, pulling her close into his chest again, JJ began to stir awake. Avery whined as he stretched out his arms, keeping them around her waist and as he stretched, he squeezed her sides. They gradually wrapped back around
her as he lifted his head from the pillow, similarly to Avery, he cringed at the sunlight and buried his face in her shoulder.

"Hi" She yawned, dragging her eyes to the corner so she could see JJ's face that had popped up over her shoulder.

"Hi," He mumbled, gently knocking his head against herself. "Five more minutes"

With a huff, Avery wiggled around, turning onto her other side so her back was no longer facing the boy. She snaked her arms around JJ's torso and hid her face in the crook off his neck, her warm breath tickled against his skin. For a short moment, the blond had thought he had convinced her to stay a little longer, hoping to stay in bed longer than five minutes, maybe all day.

"Avery!" He whinged, tilting his head back as she moved from his hold with a giggle.

His blue eyes peeled open and fluttered up at the girl hovering over the edge of the bed, in a leaned position with her palms pressed against the mattress. She gave him a goofy smile. JJ couldn't resist the smile that tugged at his lips, cursing at how contagious hers was. In a swift motion, he lifted his head up to pull the top pillow out from underneath him and swung it at her, hitting her in the face.

"Aw, looks like someone won't get the special treatment I was thinking about" She playfully pouted, casually flirting.

The two were always flirting back and forth. It wasn't something that was unusual for them and the crew just got used to it, hardly ever noticing it anymore. Sometimes it was verbal, possibly bantering, and sometimes it was physical. Both were known to show their love through touch so it was common that JJ would have an arm around her shoulders or Avery would play with his hands. They had always been that way towards each other.