XXXVII. GOLDEN GOWN

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVENGold gown‿︵‿︵‿︵

Gold gown

(FOUR YEARS AGO)

Avery adored that gold gown on her mother.

Stepping out of the bathroom, fiddling with her dangling earring, Lindsay spotted her daughter in her bedroom doorway. The woman smiled warmly through the mirror and managed to secure her jewellery, standing up straight and gave Avery a twirl. The little girl beamed at her mother, a wide smile on her face.

"Do I look okay?" Lindsay asked, running her hands down the silky material that hugged her curves.

"You look like a princess, Mom" Avery confidently replied and wondered towards her. "Where are you going?"

"Did your dad not tell you?" The older blonde scolded her husband for forgetting as Avery shook her head. "Sorry, Lily Pad. We are going to be out for the night. Not for too long"

"Are you going out on a date?" Avery beamed. She reached up to the necklace around her mother's neck, gently straightening it so that the star pendant sat nicely in middle.

"Oh, sweetheart," She laughed lightly at her daughter. "Yeah, something like that"

"Got to keep you with the standards" Noah appeared, standing behind Avery. He placed his hands on her shoulders and placed a kiss on the top of her head, making her look up at him with a smile.

Watching her father complement her mother, noticing how she playfully shoved him away and giggled like a school girl. Noah laughed with her and laced their hands together, bringing one of Lindsay's hands to his lips and placing a long kiss over her knuckles.

Moments like these, Avery was saw nothing but pure, true love and she cherished them. She thought that if she stored as many as these moments as she possibly could, they would outweigh the bad ones. She admired her parents when they were at their best, when they were just living life with each other, with their best friend and soulmate.

That night, Avery waited for them to arrive home. She had invited John B and JJ round for a while but they shortly left before her parents came back. Hearing the door unlock and the muffled chatter, Avery made her way through the house to meet them. She found them in the kitchen, giddy and happy.

"Hey, kiddo. We didn't disturb you, did we?" Noah's laughter died down as he noticed his daughter walking in, dressing in a familiar top that he couldn't quite pin.

"No, not at all. I was just doing some drawing" Avery waved them off and sat herself down at the kitchen table, setting her notepad down on the surface.

"What were you drawing? Can I see?" Her mother perked up, dancing over to the table. She eagerly took a seat next to her, pulling the chair closer to Avery's.

Lindsay let out a little gasp at the drawing, "oh my, God. That's beautiful, Avery"

"I wanted to draw your dress but then once I started, I made it look like a fairy's prom dress" Avery snuffled a giggle, analysing the joyful expression on her mother's face.

"It's gorgeous, my little fairy" Lindsay cooed, wrapped an arm around her daughter and tugging her close to her body.

Standing at the kitchen counter, Noah wished that he had a camera to capture the moment he was witnessing. He wanted things to stay like that, especially between his two girls, even though he knew it was unlikely. Never meant he couldn't hold onto these kind of memories for as long as he could, not letting anything take that from him.

"I'll tell you what," Lindsay whispered, "one day, you can wear this dress to Midsummers"

"But that's a Kook event" Her daughter whispered back.

"Nonsense," The older blonde exclaimed and released Avery from her embrace. "You'll be on the arm of your prince charming. The dazzling, beautiful man that treats you like the fairy princess you are"

"Don't get any ideas yet. You are still too young for a boyfriend" Noah interfered, pointing a look at Avery who rolled her eyes at him, fighting a smile.

"Shut up, Dad. I had a boyfriend at her age. His name was Archie and he was afraid of bananas. Absolutely hated them, super weird" Lindsey waved her hand around, giggling with Avery. "Don't listen to him"

"Okay, okay, think we should call it a night" Noah clapped his hands, chuckling as the two blonde's started to quietly gossip about boys. "We got to get up early tomorrow for surfing, remember, kiddo?"

"Yes, Dad" Avery jokingly groaned.

Lindsay cupped her daughter's face in her hands, slightly squishing her cheeks together and softly gazed at her, "goodnight, my fairy. I'll see you in the morning, okay? Love you"

"Goodnight, Mom. Love you too" Avery mumbled, closing her eyes at the feeling of her mother's lips pecking her forehead.

 Love you too" Avery mumbled, closing her eyes at the feeling of her mother's lips pecking her forehead

AUTHORS NOTE!
i'm currently on a little hiatus, life has been super busy and really good. i have a new management at work and currently have two weeks off, and a local holiday booked too. so, updating should hopefully gradually improve soon. bear with me! i see all your comments and votes, and thank you for every one of them!