𝟚

"Y/n~ was that Freddy you were talking to?" F/n asked. You approached them and rolled your eyes. "Yeah, I accidentally bumped into him and just had some small talk." You shrug. "Oh my god! That's how the love stories usually goes! I can't wait till you guys get married!" F/n exclaimed. "F/n, I know you ship me with everyone, but I only had a minute of talking to Freddy. I doubt I'll ever talk to him again." You say.

"Uh huh. Whatever. Just let me know if anything gets spicy." F/n said spicy in a 'sexy' tone. "Uh huh, sure, fine." You laugh it off as you two walk into the school.

You go through the day like usual, hating one class, being okay with another class, dying of boredom, all that fun stuff. It was finally lunch time and you were so hungry.

You sit down at the place you and your friends usually sit. Your friends start talking about something boring and you kinda just tuned them out. You start glancing around randomly, your eyes landing on Freddy. You saw him sitting alone eating his fries, looking at everyone eating without him.

You felt bad for him, you wanted to go over to him and just sit with him, talk to him, make him feel better. But you are way too awkward and don't want to bother him. Maybe he doesn't mind sitting alone? You just continue to eat your sandwich as you shrunk into your seat.

It was finally the end of the school day and you were ready to go to bed, forever. But you know you have to babysit. You wait outside of your school, to see a young girl with black hair and a younger boy with brown hair run towards you. "Y/n!" Alex, the younger brother greeted. "Hey Alex, how was your day?" You ask. "Great! I can't wait to tell you all about it!" Alex jumped up and down. You looked to his older sister and she smiled calmly. "How about you Nola?" You ask. "Good. I'll tell you on the way to your house." She said and you nodded.

The three of you started walking to your house. "What time do you think our parents will pick us up tonight?" Nola asked. "Probably around 7 or 6 hopefully." You say. "Anyways, Nola and I made a friend!" Alex exclaimed. "That's wonderful! Who is it?" You ask. "Darla, aka, Alex's crush~" Nola giggled. Alex turned a bright red. "Shut up Nola! I do not!" Alex exclaimed. "Whatever makes you sleep at night." Nola stuck her tongue out as Alex punched her in the side.

The two started wrestling and you had to break them up. "Okay, okay, no wrestling right now, let's at least get to the house." You say in amusement. "Fine." Alex huffed. "Look! It's Darla over there!" Nola pointed out across the street, you look across the street to see a large group of kids walking together. A tall, beautiful girl, a chubby boy, a kid with glasses, a little cute girl, which you assumed was Darla, and... Freddy?

It clicked to you, that was Freddy's foster family, you never actually saw him with this family but you heard about it. Nola called out to Darla and Darla stopped and looked at us. Her face immediately brightened when she saw Nola and Alex.

The family continued walking as Darla stopped, though Freddy seemed to notice Darla had stopped. He looked at Darla, than walked closer to her as Freddy glanced where Darla was looking. He saw across the street to see you, Alex and Nola. Freddy stared at you though, and he gave you a awkward smile. You gave him a small smile in return and a small wave too.

All of a sudden, Darla ran across the street without looking both ways, and stopped in front of us. "Hey guys! What are you doing?" Darla asked Alex and Nola. "We were going to Y/n's house to play some Minecraft." Nola explained. "You're Y/n, right? I heard about you! You seem to be a funny and cool person!" Darla exclaimed and reached her hand out to me. "Oh, I don't know about that, but thanks for thinking so." You grab her hand softly and shook it.

You soon see Freddy limping quickly across the street towards you guys. "Darla! You can't just run across the street like that." Freddy grumbled as he stood by her side. "Sorry! I just wanted to see Nola and Alex! Oh, and meet Y/n!" Darla said as she grabbed both of your hands and pulled you two closer. "Yeah, we actually met already." You chuckle as Darla gasps dramatically. "That's great! Does that mean Freddy has a friend?" Darla asked with sparkles in her eyes.

"Uh, sure." You smile as Freddy blushes slightly. "Anyways," Alex pulled Darla away from holding us. "You should come over with us to play minecraft! It's a lot of fun!" Alex exclaimed. "Well... maybe not tonight Alex, maybe another night." You say. "Why?" Alex whined. "Because I don't know about what Darla's parents think, and I don't have enough food at home." You explained as Alex crossed his arms.

"She's right, I have homework I need to do. But maybe some other night! That would be lots of fun!" Darla exclaimed as Alex blushed slightly. "Yeah!" You agreed. "Okay Freddy, we can go now." Darla held onto Freddy's hand and Freddy looked at you again. "I, um..." Freddy for once was speechless, he never talks to girls that aren't apart of his family.

"It was nice to see you again, hopefully we can hang out as well." You suggested while rubbing your neck. Freddy's eyes widened a bit and he chuckled nervously. "Wha- Really? That's great, we-we could like, watch a movie or something, or do something, sometime.." Freddy stopped when he realized how stupid he sounded.

"That would be great." You smile once again and Freddy held his breath. You nudged Nola and Alex's shoulders to start walking. "See you later Freddy, you too Darla." You say and Darla giggled. "Yay! See you later! It was nice to meet you!" Darla waved a lot. You waved to Darla, than waved to Freddy. Freddy nervously waved back with a dorky smile.

Your heart clenched and you continued walking.

Freddy's smile may look dorky, but it's a cute dorky smile. You wish to see it more often.