𝟛

Freddy walked away with a huge smile on his face. He couldn't believe it. A cute girl from school seems to actually like being around Freddy, and not just cute, but sweet, likes superheroes, likes comics, but also doesn't treat Freddy like a nobody or a waste of space. And there is probably so much more that Freddy doesn't even know about you yet.
And he wants to know more.

"Freddy~"

Darla woke up Freddy from his daydreams and looked down at Darla. "Huh? Yeah?" Freddy asked. "Oh my gosh! You like Y/n!" Darla screamed. "ShHhh!" Freddy covers Darla's mouth and looks around to see if anyone is there. "I mean.." Freddy pulled his hand away, realizing how defensive he just acted. Once Freddy removed his hand from Darla's mouth, he saw the huge smile stretch across her face.

"I mean, she is super nice, and cool, and seems to like comics like me... not the point! I don't like her okay? I just met her." Freddy tried to reason with Darla, but Darla wasn't going to give this up that easily. "There is love at first sight." Darla's eyes sparkled.

Freddy felt his face heat up in mere seconds. "I... Darla, woah, it's almost dinner time, we gotta go!" Freddy changed the subject very quickly and tried to walk faster towards his house. Darla just giggled and followed Freddy.

Later that night when Freddy was laying down in his bed, he kept thinking about what Darla said. Or, mostly the word Darla used,

Love.

Love is such a strong word.

It couldn't possibly be love at first sight, right?

Freddy started imagining you two holding hands, and kissing, cuddling, sharing food, making out...
Freddy hit himself in the face before his mind could go any farther.

Freddy reminded himself that you guys aren't even friends yet, and the chances of you liking Freddy back is very slim. Main point is, Freddy can't let his hopes up, because whenever he does, he just gets hurt.

Freddy ended up falling asleep really late at night.

⁂~★~⁂

You walked to your locker like usual, your friend no where to be seen. You sigh, F/n is late like always. You opened your locker and started putting your stuff in. Once you closed it you jumped a bit when you saw Freddy was standing right behind it.

"Aw jeez, I really didn't mean to scare you." Freddy said very apologetically. You calmed down and smiled a bit. "Hey, it's fine. What's up?" You ask. Freddy suddenly felt himself sweating way more than normal. "Well, I was, I guess... sorry, I just was wondering if you wanted to hang out... since you suggested it yesterday." Freddy explained, getting more red by the second. "Um, sure, that sounds good." You say, Freddy not noticing you were turning pink. Freddy smiles largely and chuckled nervously. "Yeah, I have a bunch of cool stuff at my house. Like that comic book you like? I have the whole series at my house, and I also have some cool movies, and I also have a bunch of superhero replicas that are pretty cool." Freddy explained.

Freddy wanted to talk to you more but the school bell rang. "Okay! That sounds super cool. I'll see you maybe around... four?" You ask. Freddy rubbed his neck. "Hmm, I dunno, I usually have chores at that time.." Freddy said. You noticed most kids have already gone into the class rooms. So you quickly take a pen out of your backpack and grab Freddy's wrist gently. "I don't think we have much time right now to talk about it," you say as you write something on Freddy's hand. "So I'll just give you my number so we can talk about it later." You explained as you put your pen back into your backpack.

Freddy had a huge blush on his face. "M-Makes sense." Freddy gulped. "Okay, gotta go but text you later!" You say before running down the hall to your class. "Text you later!" Freddy replied.

Freddy looked at his hand, studying your messy handwriting, reading every number carefully. Freddy was about to grab his phone but a voice made him jump.

"Young man, what are you still doing in the hall?" Freddy looks up to see a teacher.

Shit.

"Sorry." Freddy said quickly before limping to his class. Freddy honestly couldn't care about the teacher though, he just wanted it o be lunch already so he can put your number into his phone.