𝟙𝟞

"And so, when we ran into Darla's room, all Billy did was say Shazam. Then boom! Lightning hit Billy, and he turned back to normal."

"Will you shut up? What if someone hears you?" Billy pointed out as you three walked down the hall. Billy had a fair point, someone could overhear and find out. But you highly doubted that. Freddy was a superhero geek, Billy was kind of a nobody, and you were their friends. No one would take you guys seriously.

"Wait wait wait, so Darla knows?" You asked. "With our quick thinking we had her promise not to tell anyone." Freddy said. "Like we could trust a promise." Billy rolled his eyes.

"Look, Darla is terrible at keeping secrets. But this feels different. I don't think she will." Freddy reassured. "I think we'll be fine." You said, making Billy shrug. He walked ahead of you guys, walking to his classroom.

"He kind of acts.. emo." You said. "Yeah. He's that cool, mysterious, bad boy type." Freddy said, a bit jokingly. You laughed. "I don't know about cool and a bad boy. Okay maybe bad boy, I'm getting more emo vibes though." You admitted. "Plus, I think you're cooler then him."

Freddy stopped in his tracks, confusing you. You stopped too, turning to him. His ears were red, and he had accidentally dropped his textbook. He bent down as he tried to pick it up.

You suddenly heard whistling. "Damn Freddy, so inappropriate." A Breyer brother appeared behind Freddy, pushing him over. Freddy fell right on his face, and you ran to his side. "Seriously, what is wrong with you guys?" You stood back up, inching closer to Brett.

"I don't know, would you like to find out?" He wiggled his eyebrows. You did not hesitate to slap him. "Y/n.." Freddy warned. "You. Bitch." Burke growled. "We gave you a second chance, cause we thought you were pretty. But now that we look closer, you're just Freddy's little whore!" Brett laughed. You clenched your fist, ready to punch him.

"Y/n, don't." Freddy pleaded. You glared at the two boys, your anger not cooling down. "Please."

That small little voice that Freddy had, it made you crack. You turned away from the Breyer's, helping Freddy up. "See? Freddy's little whore!" Once you got Freddy's crutch, you turned around, slapping Burke. "Sorry, needed to make sure it was even." You shrugged, grabbing Freddy and leading him out of the small circle of kids that decided to watch.

"You'll pay for that!" You heard one of them call, but you didn't care. Honestly, you wanted them to start something. So if anything happened, it was based off of self defense.

You let go of Freddy's hand, walking beside him. "God! Don't they have anything better to do? I mean god damn it I'm so pissed. Next time I'll see them, I'll just kill them. That's it, I'm just going to do that." You ranted, and continued to rant. Freddy only stared at you, his ears still a bright red.

You're seriously one of the coolest people he's ever met.

"I like that." You said. "What?" Freddy asked. "How your ears turn red. It's super cute." Your fingers suddenly went over to the side of his ear. Your fingers ghosted over his ear, making them somehow even more red. Freddy's eyebrows furrowed. "Uh, you said cute?" He asked. "Yeah. Super." You gasp. "Supercute! That'll be your superhero name!" You teased, your hands retracting to your side.

Freddy hadn't even realized that you two were standing in the middle of the busy hallway, also not noticing the bell had rang. It's like you put him in a trance or something.

You smiled, your cheeks growing a bit red. "Sorry, did I make things awkward?" You asked. "No! No.. I just.. not really, used, to compliments." Freddy admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. "Really? That's surprising. You should get them more often." You said.

"Um, what about you? You probably get compliments like all of the time. Since you're like, super pretty." Freddy complimented. Now, your face turned bright red, and you laughed awkwardly. "Wow, thanks, and no, I don't get like, a bunch of compliments or anything." You said. "Well, you should be getting them more. 'Cause you know, I really like your smile, and I also like how your face brightens up when you.. when you get a.. a compliment..." Freddy's words ran dry as he stared at you.

You were biting your bottom lip, blushing even more then before. He basically just confessed, didn't he? "I, sorry." Freddy stammered. "Sorry for complimenting me? Freddy," you laughed.

You did a lot of thinking last night, and you realized something. You really want to be with Freddy. You want to kiss him, hug him randomly without it being weird. You've never wanted to be with someone more then Freddy.

"I need to tell you something.." you said quietly. "What?" Freddy urged. If you were going to confess to him, his heart would totally explode. "I—"

"You kids! What are you doing?" You both looked to see the Security guard, Moron. You weren't being mean, that was literally his name. "Enough flirting and get to your classes!" He chastised.

You looked back to Freddy. "I... never mind." You sighed, quickly walking down the hall in shame. Freddy turned to Moron. "Seriously dude? You couldn't wait like, five seconds?" Freddy asked. "Rules are rules." Moron stated. Freddy groaned, flipping him off.

"Hey!" Moron exclaimed, and Freddy was already limping down the hall as quick as he could.

You walked into class, taking your seat. It seemed the universe kept stopping you from being with Freddy. Maybe it's for the best. You don't want to ruin this relationship you have with Freddy.

It was kind of obvious that he liked you, but still, your insecurities are bigger then logic.