𝟚𝟞

You just made it to the area Billy and Freddy were just at, but you didn't see any of them.

You panted, wiping the sweat off your forehead to see what everyone was looking at. Your eyes widened as you saw in the far distance a bus hanging off the freeway.

"God damn it," you sighed, continuing to run. "I'm not built for this."

⁂~★~⁂

"You just wish this was you!"

"No shit!"

Freddy held back his tears with all of his strength, wiping them away every five seconds with the palm of his hand.

How could Billy do this? First humiliate him at school, in front of you, and now on live television?!

Freddy had walked away from the argument, before he would start bawling his eyes out. He was now under the freeway, in a dark corner of it. There was a cement block, and Freddy went over to it.

He sat on it, rethinking his words from before.

"Look at me! Do you even see me?! Most people don't, 'cause they don't want to."

Freddy sighed heavily, his eyes feeling heavy from holding back all of the tears. Why did it have to be Billy? If Freddy had gotten the chance, he would've taken it immediately. But of course, some kid with a limp doesn't get the chance, it's the mysterious main character that gets it.

It was silly, thinking this as a movie, but that's how it felt. He felt like Robin, or Dwight, but he was even worse than those guy's, because he was useless.

Freddy whimpered, squeezing his eyes shut as he hid his eyes behind his hair.

He grit his teeth, trying so hard not to cry. He knows it's bad to hold it in, to bottle it all up. He knows that.

Yet, he still does it.

"Awe, look, the little baby's crying!"

"God, he looks even uglier when he cries."

"Real men don't cry, of course, that makes sense that you cry."

Freddy slammed his hands over his ears, as if that would stop all of the memories of bullies, and toxic foster parents, and his father.

Something touched him, making him jump a little. He looked up, only to see you. Your eyebrows were drawn together in concern, and your eyes were wide with curiosity and worry.

Freddy blinked a couple times, but that only made the tears fall out and roll down his cheeks. He quickly wiped them away, looking away from you in shame. Not only did he get humiliated in front of you by the Breyer's, but now he's crying in front of you.

How pathetic.

"Freddy," your voice was soft and soothing, like a worried mother. You sat down beside him, rubbing your shoulder against his, some sort of form of reassurance Freddy guessed.

You stared at Freddy for a good minute, as he stared at his shoes. "Freddy, I know we're both new to this dating thing, but, you can tell me what's going on. You know that right?" You nudged him slightly. "Yeah.." he sighed.

"I get it, I do." You said. "I had these really toxic friends that I would open up to, tell them my feelings. You know what they did with that information? They used it to blackmail me and gossip about me behind my back." You sighed. "But, I trust you. I trust you in a lot of things, like with my father.." your voice softened.

"So you can trust me. I'm here. I won't judge, and if you want me to talk, I'll talk." You grabbed his hand, caressing it against yours. Freddy glanced to you, and you furrowed your eyebrows in determination. "But, if you don't want to talk about it too, that's fine. Just know that I'm here, and that I— and that I care about you." You blushed.

You were about to say that you love him, but you felt like you would make him uncomfortable, so you just kept it simple. Freddy sniffled, and his eyes started to water again.

"I... I think I'm in love with you." He admitted. Your eyes widened as he looked away. "I know I'm young or whatever, but I've never felt this for someone before. I just— I just can't believe someone as goddamn perfect as you, wants to be with— with a loser like me." Freddy's breathe shook.

He let out a bitter laugh. "I'm sorry, I'm being so pathetic and sad." He apologized.

You frowned. "Freddy, stop that." You demanded. "You aren't pathetic, and you're not a loser. You're the coolest person I've ever met! And you get me, and I get you!" Your voice started to get louder the more passionate you got. "You aren't pathetic! You're just sad. Being sad is a human emotion that everyone feels. And you have a right to be sad!" Your voice grew louder with every word, making Freddy perk up each time with surprise.

"And.. I love you too, Freds." Your voice was now barely audible, but Freddy had still heard, and his heart soared.

You and Freddy both were surprised with his next actions. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you towards him. Freddy's whole body shook as he hid his face in your shoulder, and you could feel the tears trickling from his eyes and staining your shirt.

The surprise washed over you quickly, and you melted into his embrace. You wrapped your arms around his back, your hands playing with his fluffy curls. His sobbing echoed throughout the bottom of the freeway, covered up by the sounds of cars zooming by from above.

You weren't sure how long you two sat like that. Maybe it was seconds, minutes, hours, you weren't entirely sure, but you were patient enough to sit there forever with him.

Freddy was always there for when you needed a shoulder to cry on, the least you can do is be there for him.

Freddy pulled away, sniffling and wiping his tears away. You grabbed a tissue from his pocket, where you now knew that's where he kept his stash, and you cupped his face with one hand. With the other, you gently dabbed away his tears, drying off his soaking wet cheeks and the snot coming from his nose.

"I probably look so gross." Freddy joked, trying to make you laugh. But you just frowned softly. "To me Freddy, you would never ever be considered gross." You said. "Shut up.. you're going to make me cry again." He laughed sadly. "And I'll be here for you to cry on." You reassured.

Freddy sighed, sloppily kissing your cheek. You blushed from this, not quite used to it, but you excepted it anyway. After about ten minutes, you had fully cleaned Freddy's face.

"Now," you sighed. "I have a terrible gut feeling that Billy has gotten into trouble." You said, snickering a little. "We should go check on him. And don't worry, I'm probably going to slap him after what he did to you." You admitted.

"You don't need to slap him," Freddy sighed. "Maybe, just a pinch will do?" Freddy suggested, making you laugh. "Whatever you want Freddy." You stood up, and Freddy stood up too.

"Wait," Freddy grabbed your sleeve. He kissed your cheek again, holding it there for a long second, before pulling away. "Okay, I'm ready."