𝟚𝟘

It was a new day, and the beautiful start to the weekend. You walked across the street towards Freddy's house.

You basically have been hanging out with Freddy every day ever since you found out about Billy's powers, and it's been a lot of fun so far.

You made it to their house, knocking on the door. Instead of Darla opening the door, it was Billy, in his normal form. "Billy." You greeted. "Hey." He smiled, opening the door for you. You walked in, putting your hands in your pockets. Freddy was there, grabbing his backpack and walking to you.

"Are you guys ready?" Freddy asked. "Of course." You laughed. Billy turned around to open the door, until you all heard something. Someone was walking down the steps.

You three turned around, only to see, Darla.

"I want a tea party." Darla demanded. You glanced to Freddy, and Freddy glanced to Billy. "We— we're a little busy right now, Darla." Billy said. "I'm supposed to keep a secret, an important one," Darla said, smirking as she continued. "It would be nice if my new brother could join me, for a tea party."

Freddy looked at Billy, rolling his eyes and sighing. "Okay, he's all yours." Freddy sighed. "Yay!" Darla squealed. "You'll need to get dressed up though."

⁂~★~⁂

Billy had turned into Shazam, and he was upstairs with Darla, having a tea party. You were sat down with Freddy on the couch.

It was weirdly, awkward. Freddy is usually very talkative, but he's as silent as a rock. Thoughts swarmed your head, did you do something wrong? Is he mad at you? What did you do to make him mad?

"Y/n, I've, wanted to talk to you." Freddy admitted. You looked at him, your heart beating faster for some reason. This wasn't a confession, you reminded yourself. He isn't confessing.

"That day," he started slowly. "In the hallway, when the Breyer's pushed me over, and you helped me." He glanced away. "You were going to say something, something important." Freddy gulped, trying to control his nerves.

"What was it?" He questioned, finally making eye contact with you. You couldn't breath, and you felt numb. "I... I don't know." You said.

Freddy gave you a look. "You don't know." He repeated. "Y/n, don't lie to me. I'm not— I'm not an idiot." He said sternly. You clutched your fists, looking down. "I don't think you're an idiot.." you whispered, but he heard. "Oh yeah? Than tell me, enlighten me, what were you going to say?" He urged.

"I—" your breathing got faster. "I—" you looked back up at Freddy. Your breathing was abnormally fast, we're you having a stroke?

"I can't— I have to go." You stood up, grabbing your bag and running. You heard Freddy calling your name, you heard him stumbling after you quickly.

But you were faster.

You ran. You ran out of the house, you ran down the streets like a crazy person, and you ran to your home. You opened the door, stumbling inside like you were drunk. You threw your bag to the side and fell to the floor.

It really felt like a panic attack, and you were alone. That's not good. You hid your face in your knees, your breathing getting worse and worse.

You suddenly felt a hand on your shoulder. You didn't know if it was your mom, or Freddy, but you knew it was a helping hand.

"Just breathe with me," the voice urged. "Just breathe with me, okay?" You nodded shakily, a sob escaping your throat. You heard the person breathe deeply, and you did too. Your breathing was a lot more shaky and tense, but your breathing started o sync with theirs.

Finally, your heart had calmed down, and you were breathing normally. "You were on a verge of a panic attack. It wasn't one, but it was hella close." The voice said. You laughed bitterly, deciding to open your eyes.

It was a bit blurry, and everything was spinning. But after closing your eyes for a couple more seconds, you opened them again, and you looked up, to see who your hero was.

It was your step dad.