𝟚𝟝

"Damn, I almost thought he was coming for a second there." Brett admitted, pulling Freddy up to his feet. He didn't have his crutch though, so when Brett let go of his shirt, Freddy went falling back on his butt.

"Stop!" You shouted, walking over to the boys. "Freddy, I thought we made a deal here? Unless you want us to give your little girlfriend a swirly too, you should control her attitude." Brett said, making your blood boil.

Freddy grabbed his crutch, standing up and walking to you. He stood in between you and the Breyer's.

"You really thought I would agree to that stupid deal?! I'm gonna beat your a—" you were cut off by Freddy. "Y/n, please. Stop." He pleaded. You stared at him, studying his face. "Why? I'm not— I'm not going to just let them hurt you." You said, your voice softening but still fierce. "You can't keep letting them do this shit to you!" You yelled, more angry this time.

"Look— I, I don't want you to get hurt. I'm no hero, I can't swoop in to protect you," Freddy sighed, looking at the ground. "Just let me do this, this is my way of being something more than just a fucking loser. I can— I think I can handle this." His voice had quieted down, so the Breyer's couldn't hear.

You wanted to argue, you wanted to push past Freddy and punch Brett right in his stupid face. But the expression Freddy had on his face, and what he had said, it made your feet stick to the ground like glue. "Please." He pleaded one more time, shattering your heart.

"I..." you looked from him, to the Breyer's standing behind him. "Okay." You whispered, slightly in shame.

"Great. Now come on, we need to mop the floors with his hair." Burke pulled on Freddy's shirt, pulling him out of the cafeteria. "Yeah, the bathroom floors are looking real dirty today. Thankfully Freddy already has a mop for hair!" Brett laughed.

You watched as they pulled Freddy away, you could still hear their taunting voices slowly disappear into the hallways. You bit your bottom lip, trying your best not to cry.

Why were kids so mean?

Why couldn't they just leave Freddy alone?

Why are you so weak?

You felt a hand on your shoulder, and you turned to see F/n. You forgot they were even there for a second. You turned around and hugged them, crying into their shoulder.

F/n quietly rubbed your back, your cries echoing through the empty cafeteria.

⁂~★~⁂

School had ended a while ago, and you were at home laying in bed. When the school day ended, you looked everywhere for Freddy, but couldn't find him anywhere. You even asked his family, but they had no clue either. And Billy was apparently still out too.

The more you thought about it, the more you were angry at Billy. How could he just not come? All he had to do was walk in, and eat lunch with Freddy like usual.

That's it.

You sat up in bed, grabbing your phone. You looked through different posts of Shazam, or his more famous name, the Red Cyclone.

You tapped on one livestream, and there was a guy introducing himself, before turning the camera to reveal Billy. He was in a place you've been before, it was the first outings with the foster brother's.

"Lightning with my hands!" He shot lightning bolts into the sky, a boom box right next to him. "Bingo." You muttered. He wasn't too far from your house, so if you went now you would be able to catch him.

You were about to get up and head over to the place, tell Billy off, but something happened on the livestream. You heard the boom box turn off abruptly, and you looked at your phone, only to see Freddy.

You were halfway done with putting your jacket on, but you stood still, staring at the scene before you.

"..just wanted to say thank you for showing up to lunch today." Freddy said, very sarcastically. Billy rolled his eyes, but in a way where it seemed he actually forgot to go. "Yeah I got a little something called a suitcase wedgie, right? I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but it's when someone grabs you by the underwear like this." Freddy gestured with his hands, holding an invisible suitcase. "Walks you down the hallway." Freddy finished.

He then shuffled through his coat pocket and pulled out some sort of clothe. "And this, was my underwear." You stared at the torn up clothe, growing red from anger. The Breyer's sure have some nerve—

Before you could continue your brain rant, you saw Freddy throw the underwear at Billy, missing him only by a little bit. The people in the crowd laughed in amusement, but your anger only grew.

"Gross." Billy shot back.

You had enough, you put on your coat and grabbed your phone, walking out of the house. You still watched the live stream in case anything else happened.

"You said you'd come." Freddy's voice softened. "You said I would come! I never said— I'm a superhero dude!" Billy exclaimed. "Yeah, you're acting real heroic. How much have people been paying you today?" Freddy glanced around the crowd of people.

"Listen, I have serious responsibilities now. But that's cool, because I can carry that burden with my—" Billy shot lightning out of his hands into the sky, and you could see it in real life too. "Hands!" Billy sang.

"Lightning with my hands!" A large bolt of lightning struck down, and you could see it shoot down somewhere in the sky. You look down at your phone to see people gasping, and the camera turned to a freeway, where the lightning bolt had struck.

"Billy.." you grumbled, now running.

Billy is one of your best friend's, but he can be an absolute idiot sometimes.