𝟙𝟚

For the next two days, you were in your room healing your face. You and Freddy were supposed to hang out Sunday, but he said he had to go shopping with Billy however.

You didn't mind too much. It was good, to be honest, you needed to heal your face before school.

You skipped most meals of the day. You didn't want to leave your room, and see your step father. This morning when you were grabbing some cereal, he tried to apologize. You ignored him though. You were still angry and upset at him.

Monday finally rolled around, and you ended up putting some makeup over your face, so no one would notice the red marks. When you walked to school, F/n didn't seem to notice, so the makeup worked. You walked into school, keeping your head held low.

"We're not actually siblings, so, you don't need to pretend we are."

A voice had caught your ear, and you looked up. You saw Darla talking to some boy around your age, and that's when you noticed Freddy. Darla seemed sad, which was surprising, you've never seen her sad.

She turned around from the boy and slowly walked to Freddy. "Hey.." Freddy cooed softly. The other boy sighed as Freddy and Darla started to walk away. "I didn't mean to make her cry!" The boy defended. Freddy held a hand up, letting him know it was okay, even though it seemed it was obviously not okay.

The boy huffed, and he turned around sharply, bumping into you. You winced a bit, his shoulder had nudged your cheek, making you inwardly groan in pain. "Sorry.." the boy mumbled, before walking away. You stared at him curiously. Who was he?

Before you could think more on it, the bell rang, and you headed to class.

⁂~★~⁂

Lunch finally rolled around, and you were starving. Even though the cafeteria food sucks, it was still food. And with the last couple days, you've been eating less and less it seemed.

You scarfed down your food, making F/n smile amusingly. "Gee whiz L/n, you're really inhaling that shit down." F/n said. "Hun.. gry." You said in between food in takes, making F/n laugh.

F/n proceeded to talk about some weird mental illness that was being investigated right now. Apparently people have had visions when they were younger, about entering a temple sort of place and seeing a wizard.

It sounded really interesting, but right now, you were looking for Freddy. You couldn't see him anywhere. You only saw an empty table with the boy that you assumed made Darla cry.

Finally, you saw Freddy hobble over to the boy, sitting down right next to him and talking. That's when it clicked to you. It must be his new foster brother.

You turn your gaze back to F/n, you'll talk to Freddy when he's alone.

"...it's a total villain power, right!"

The whole cafeteria went quiet for a second, everyone glancing to Freddy. You looked to see the boy walking away from Freddy, as Freddy seemed to still be talking to him. Freddy noticed how awkward it became, and he looked around nervously, catching your eye.

You smiled at him. It was very obvious you were holding in your laughter. Freddy rolled his eyes playfully, grabbing his fallen crutch and hurrying after the boy.

"Wow, you really like that guy?" One of your friends asked. "What— no." You denied quickly, making your friend group laugh. "Hey, at least he's cute."
F/n nudged your shoulder, winking. You groaned, before standing up. "I'm going to go check on him." You announced. "Okay, don't get caught making out in the bathroom." F/n teased, making you grumble.

You quickly made your way out, setting your empty tray on top of the trash bins. You look ahead to see the boy slamming the bathroom door shut, right in Freddy's face. Freddy sighed, and his shoulders slumped. You tapped his shoulder, and he turned around. "Hey." You greeted. "Hey." Freddy sighed, a bit tiredly, but he put on a smile.

"Was that your foster brother?" You asked. Freddy nodded, starting to walk down the hall slowly, you walking beside him. "Yeah, he is pretty quiet, and he seems messed up. But I get it, going through foster care can mess you up. He's also ran away from like, fifty homes before." Freddy explained. "Geez, that's crazy." You replied. You haven't even met the boy yet, and you know a lot about him already.

"Anyway, maybe you could come over tonight?" Freddy suggested suddenly. "You could meet Billy, maybe we could go to the arcade or something. Just.. the two of us." Freddy suggested, rubbing the back of his neck.

You smirked. "So.. it's a date?" You asked. "Yeah— I mean— whatever you want it to be." Freddy shrugged, trying to act nonchalant. You giggled. "That's a good idea, Freds." You patted his shoulder, before walking away.

Freddy smiled, watching you walk away. He pumped his fist in the air.

He totally got a date!