𝟙𝟙

You had stopped crying for a bit now. You both had sat in a heavy silence, before you broke it.

"Thank you. Thank you so much for being here for me. Only my best friends can comfort me, and yet, you've been the best comfort to me for the first in a while now." You admitted. "Wow.." Freddy breathed out. No one has ever said anything like that about him. "I mean, of course. I'm here and.. you can trust me." Freddy said honestly. And you believed him.

You smiled a bit, looking at your dad's grave stone. "He would've liked you. He loved superheroes and comics too." You said. "I bet he was a great guy, since he raised someone like you." Freddy complimented, and you laughed. "He was.." you lean your head against your hand, looking at Freddy.

Freddy awkwardly stared back, feeling a bit self conscious as you stared at him. "Hey," Freddy hummed softly. "Just so you know, I'm only a call away. If you need anything, I'm here." Freddy assured. "Thank you. Seriously, that means a lot." You said.

Freddy smiled towards you, and you smiled back. Freddy wanted to stare into your eyes forever, he didn't want to leave. That's when he remembered. "Oh, shit." Freddy tried to look out of the row of trees, but couldn't see past them. "I forgot Darla is by herself at the park. I should probably go check on her." Freddy stated, getting up.

"Wait, what? You left Darla all alone?" You asked, a bit frantically. "I bet she's fine." Freddy shrugged. You got up, and went next to Freddy. "Well hurry up, let's go. Nowadays you can't leave girls all alone, especially little girls at the city park. You should know that." You chastised him like a worried mother.

You seemed a bit snappy, but you did just have a mental breakdown, so Freddy was very understanding. "You're right, I won't make that mistake again." Freddy caught up with you.

You both walked out of the graveyard in silence, which you didn't seem to mind. Your throat was probably sore from all of that sobbing.

You sighed in relief when you saw Darla swinging on the swing set from up the hill. "Told ya', she's fine." Freddy reassured. You sighed.

You turned to Freddy, your eyes soft, and a bit red from the tears. "I seriously can't thank you enough." You said honestly. "Really, it was no problem.." Freddy trailed off, getting an idea. "But, in return we could.. go to the movies.. sometime..?" Freddy asked hesitantly.

You blinked at him, then smiled. "Of course." You nodded. "And of course, you don't have to say yes because I comforted you, you have no obligation to say yes— wait. What did you say?" Freddy's mouth had automatically ran, as if you were going to say no. "I said of course you goof ball." You snickered, stepping closer to Freddy.

You both stared at each other. You finally tackled him in a hug, hiding your face in his shoulder.

Like the other night when you hugged him, he was caught off-guard. But this time, he was more prepared. Freddy hugged back, tightly. Your hands were gripped on his shirt, as if you would fly away from him or something.

The hug was getting a bit too long, so you stepped back, even if you wanted to stay in his arms forever. "Tomorrow is Saturday.. should we hang out then?" You asked. "Um, actually my new brother is going to be coming tomorrow. So, maybe Sunday?" Freddy questioned. "Sounds good." You nodded.

"Wait, new brother?"

⁂~★~⁂

You waved to Freddy and Darla, shutting your front door. Freddy decided to walk you home, to be a gentleman or something. He also proceeded to explain that it was a foster brother joining them. You had wished him luck.

Maybe now that you were home, you would take a nice hot bath, maybe watch your comfort show before taking a well needed nap. You were inside your warm, safe home after all.

At least, you thought so.

"What have you been doing all day?!"

"I've been cooking, cleaning, shopping-"

"Bullshit! You went to see your husband's grave, didn't you?" Your step father growled.

You hustled to the kitchen, quietly, not wanting to get involved. Not yet anyway. You hid behind the corner, watching. "He's dead! Can't you get that through your thick skull woman? Dead!" Your step father screamed. Your mother sobbed, holding her face in her hands.

You couldn't take it. You ran out from the corner, standing next to your mother. "Stop it!" You shouted. "Don't you dare talk to my mother that way! We have every right to mourn for my dad! You are just a selfish old asshole who's balding—" time went still as you felt a stinging pain on your cheek.

You stopped talking as you rested your hand on your cheek. Everything happened so fast, you weren't entirely sure what was going on. That is, until his slapped you again.

The second slap was harder then the first, and you stumbled a bit, leaning on the kitchen counter. Your mother covered her mouth, staring at you with fear in her eyes. Your step dad breathed heavily, before his eyes softened. "I didn't mean to.. I.." your step father was drunk, you realized that now. Sure, he was mean and toxic, but he had never hit you or your mother before now.

Tears trickled down your face, and you ran to your room. You locked it immediately, even though he didn't run after you. You started to cry again, leaning against your doorframe. You slid down to the floor, sobbing all over again.

You wished Freddy was there.