𝟙𝟝

"So you're telling me, that this grown man, is actually your foster brother, that's fourteen?" You questioned, pointing to the large man sitting next to Freddy. "Yes! For the millionth time, yes!" The so-called "Billy" exclaimed. "Really, I didn't believe it too— but he showed me the bullet, and he knew about the conversation we had earlier, and he knew about the uh—" Freddy paused. "The Breyer brothers." He finished.

"And you don't think he's just a stalker?" You stared at Billy suspiciously. "Hey— you said you would trust me." Freddy said. "Right right, the pinkie promise." You sighed. "I believe you, but I'm still suspicious alright?" You reasoned. "Okay, fine." Freddy said, satisfied with your answer.

You took a sip from your coffee, looking at the city ahead of you. In the daytime, the city always seems so dirty, gross, full of trash and sewer lines. But at night, it's absolutely gorgeous. Just all of the lights, and the stars shining above. It was very beautiful.

They decided that this would be the perfect place to sit, and you couldn't deny, it was a good spot. And there weren't any people around, which was great.

You enjoyed the cool air hitting your face, and the silence. Speaking of silence, it was weird Freddy was being so quiet. You turned your gaze next to you to see Freddy staring at you. He awkwardly smiled before looking away, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Man, it's a pretty sick view," Billy admitted, saying your exact thoughts out loud. "No kidding." You sighed. "Bro, I like you like this, this is so cool." Freddy said, smiling at Billy. "I mean, no offense, but I feel like you were the opposite of Darla." Freddy said.

Billy started to yawn. "A dick?" Billy stated. "Your words, not mine." Freddy yawned too, looking back at the city. "But yeah."

There was one more second of silence, before Freddy spoke again. "Okay, well, I think every criminal is either on drugs or asleep right now. Wanna head home?" Freddy questioned. "Looking like this?" Billy gestured to himself. "Good point.." you mumbled. "Usually you have a lair, or something. Instead we have a bunk bed." Freddy chuckled.

"Well how are we supposed to get in?" Billy asked. "You're a superhero dude, probably got like, super stealth, or something." Freddy joked. You yawned, covering your mouth. "Even though I just had a shitload of coffee and candy, I'm pretty tired." You admitted. "Alright, that settles it. The lady needs to go get her some beauty sleep." Billy stood up.

"Damn right I do. Being this pretty face doesn't come for free." You laughed. Billy held his hand out to you, and you grabbed it, hauling yourself up.

Freddy frowned, he wasn't sure why, but he felt a bit jealous. Freddy shook it off. This was the best night of his life. His brother is a superhero.

Freddy tried to push himself up, but he was having a harder time. "Freddy, need some help?" You asked, pulling your hand out of your pocket. Freddy looked at your hand, back to you, then back to your hand. It should be the other way around. But sadly, Freddy couldn't stand up that easily.

"Yeah, thanks." He grabbed your hand, and you helped him up. You helped grab the leftover snacks and drinks. "How about let's walk you home. There's been a thief and a robbery all in one night." Freddy pointed out. "Yeah, you're right. I'm a little spooked to go home alone anyway." You said.

"Don't worry, we'll protect you." Freddy reassured, glancing to Billy. He knew he meant Billy will protect you more then himself, but still, he'll do whatever he can if that's the case.

Freddy and Billy walked you home. Your house wasn't that far, so it was a quick walk. You made it to your doorstep. "Thanks for walking me home." You said. "Of course. Not just going to let you walk alone after all of that." Freddy said. "Still, thanks."

That's when you realized how close you and Freddy were right now. You had been walking close to him walking here, but you didn't know if you turned around you would be so close to his face. You stared at him, and he stared at you. You had a sudden urge to kiss him, to get your confession over and done with. You glanced to Billy however, and you realized how awkward this was. You stepped back.

"Uh, good night." You waved, opening your door and quickly going in. "Goo—Good night.." Freddy stammered, a little embarrassed by that whole situation. "That was awkward." Billy stated. "No shit Sherlock. Now c'mon, let's go." Freddy said, walking off your porch.

You sighed, resting your forehead on the door. That was so embarrassing, and awkward. Plus, if you had kissed him, what if he would've rejected you? Oh god, the nightmare.

You turned around, almost choking on your saliva when you saw your mom sleeping on the couch, snoring heavily. At least she was asleep. You tip-toed to your room, not even taking the time to take your shoes off. You quietly walked down the hall, closed your door very slowly, then sighed in relief.

You threw your shoes to the side, along with your jacket. You flopped on your bed, not bothering to take your clothes off and put on your pajamas. You turned off your night light, staring at the dark ceiling.

You've never liked anyone before like this. This time, it felt so real. It didn't feel like a simple crush anymore, was it love? You slammed your face in your pillow, your face heating up.

Unbeknownst to you, Freddy was thinking the same thing.