𝟚𝟛

You two walked up two flights of stairs. You let go of Freddy's hand, trying to help him walk up the stairs, but he kept refusing. Finally you two made it to the top, and Freddy grabbed a key out from his pocket.

"Where did you get that?" You questioned. "Billy helped me." Freddy smirked. He turned the key and pushed the door open, revealing the school rooftop.

Freddy closed the door and turned to you. He looked you up and down slowly, before looking to the side. "Uh, we could sit over there?" He suggested. You just nodded, and you followed Freddy.

Freddy sat down, leaning against a wall, and you sat next to him. "What they said— that was so messed up." Freddy scowled. "I mean— they did that to me sometimes but—" Freddy was cut short. "They did what they just did to me to you? Sometimes?" You exclaimed, your eyes wide.

Freddy looked down, his face turning a bit pink. "Well— yeah. They know I'm a foster kid so they would make fun of me, of my parents leaving me.." he trailed off. "Sorry, I'm talking too much— point is, are you okay?" Freddy looked at you.

You sighed. "Yup, I'm fine! It's not like I just got humiliated and I didn't just have a mental breakdown in school." You said, sarcasm dripping from your voice.

Freddy took a sharp inhale as you turned your head away from him. "I.. I told you." Freddy sighed. "They would go after you if you hung out with me." He said, barely above a whisper.

"And I would be willing to do it again."

Freddy looked at the back of your head, his heart thumping faster in his chest. You finally looked at him again, tears in your eyes. "Thank you." Your voice cracked, and you tried to wipe away the tears but they just kept coming back.

"Thank you for helping me, for saving me from those— dicks." You sniffled. "Thank you for being here for me. Yo— you're seriously the best person I've ever met." You said honestly.

"I," Freddy licked his lips. "Your welcome.." he finally stammered out.

You took in another deep breath. "And you wanted to know, you want to know what I was going to say, in that hallway?" You asked. "I— uh— wait." Freddy stuttered, grabbing your hand. "I wanted to apologize for that." He explained. "I shouldn't have forced you to tell me something you don't want to tell me. That whole thing— one hundred percent my fault. So, you don't need to tell me anymore, okay?" He finished.

"Thank you, Freds," you sighed. "But you deserve to know the truth." You gave him a determined look, before looking ahead of you. "You should know how I feel, about you." You said. Freddy could only stare at you, what were you going to say?

"Freddy.." you paused. "I, like, you. More than a friend." You added quickly. You kept talking, not allowing him to speak yet, not letting him reject you yet. You let go of his hand.

"And, I get it if you don't like me back, like seriously, I totally understand." You said quickly. "I know I'm not, the most prettiest girl out there, and I'm sure as hell not the best person either. So I really do understand. And, even though I told you how I really feel, we can just go back to being friends. Because being friends is enough for me." You finished, gulping down the nerves.

In a way, you felt like vomiting after saying all of that, you don't even know how he's feeling right now.

You felt him grab your wrist, making you look at him. "You're not joking, right?" He asked. He looked so serious, so you only nodded. He blinked a couple times, and his breathing seemed to quicken. "You really, like me?" He asked. "For god sake's Freddy, yes." You sobbed, your throat tightening.

"Okay, oh my god, okay.." he started taking deep breaths, like he was excited. "Y/n, I like you too. I do. You've been there for me a— as much as I've been there for you and—" he stared at you, shutting himself up.

Only now did you two realize how close your faces were. "Um, can I kiss you?" He asked. You gulped, looking down for a second. "Like, like an actual kiss? On the lips?" You questioned. "Uh, yeah." He nodded.

"How about, let's wait a couple dates, first." You suggested, and you saw him shrink a bit. "I do want to kiss you, let's just, take it slow." You said. "Yeah— no yeah, I don't mind, I— I can wait." He said.

You smiled. "But, you can, kiss me on the cheek?" You suggested. Freddy's eyes beamed with joy, and he nodded so fast that you weren't sure how he didn't get dizzy.

He leaned towards your face, his hands wrapping around your neck. His head twitched nervously, before leaning in and kissing your cheek.

It wasn't a real kiss, whatever that means, but it felt like it was. The kiss was so pure and innocent, and his lips were slightly chapped, but still very soft.

He pulled away, both of you looked at each other. You started laughing a little, and he did too. It was probably out of relief, that you both feel the same way. You grabbed Freddy, pulling him into a hug.

"I'm so happy." Freddy whispered. "I'm so happy." He repeated, his grip around you tightening.

You both just sat like that for a while.

"Thank you for sacrificing yourself for me, but, what are you going to do for lunch tomorrow?" You asked. "Don't worry, Billy, he'll come as Shazam and it'll all be good." He said.

"He'll come. I'm sure of it."