CHAPTER TWO

chapter two (anchors)

chapter two
(anchors)

          Sofia awoke to a pounding headache. She tried to enjoy her temporary moment of peace. The silk sheets under her touch radiated a warm comfort.

A loud knock on the door brought Sofia out of her bliss. She abruptly sat up and regretted it immediately. The pain and sore remnants lingered all over her body.

"Get up mija, I told you i've got a surprise," the welcoming tone of her grandmothers voice rang through the walls.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Sofia followed Araya into the main household. After what felt like a series of never ending hallways, they finally reached a descending staircase. Sofia knew this route well.

Sofia followed close behind her grandmother as they moved towards the room commonly used to chain werewolves to an electrical fence.

"Just stay put for a moment," Araya motioned to the door at the end of the hall. Sofia could hear not one, but two male voices coming from the other side of the wooden door.

Sofia took this isolated moment to rub her arm. A small red ring was still indented into her frail wrist. She took a deep breath and let go of her arm.

"Sofia," her grandmother called out from the room. The 24-year-old gently pushed the door aside and walked into the torture chamber, as she called it.

Her delicate brown eyes slowly took in the scene before her. Araya stood to the side looking at her granddaughter with a smug smile. Behind her stood two shirtless men chained to a large silver fence. Their arms locked in place beside their heads. As Sofia's eyes roamed over the werewolves, she immediately recognized who they were.

Motherfucking Hale's

Sofia immediately locked eyes with Peter Hale. The years of built up anger and frustration ready to be released. After all these years she could finally face the man supposedly responsible for her mother's death.

Her face hardened as he looked towards her with confusion. Sofia rushed towards him, only to be stopped by her grandmother. "What are they doing here."

"Severo went on a little trip."

Sofia looked down at Araya's arm across her body. She slowly looked up at the older woman. Araya simply shook her head. Sofia slowly backed away from the two men.

"As sweet as this family moment has been, I don't see what it has to do with us," the sickly voice of Peter Hale spoke.

"Shut up," Sofia spat at the man.