CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

( PLZ READ CH 38 BEFORE THIS IN CASE
U SAW THIS NOTIF FIRST )

( PLZ READ CH 38 BEFORE THIS IN CASE U SAW THIS NOTIF FIRST )

chapter thirty nine

( 1986 )

          "I knew it," Taio blew out a breath of relief, despite the bad news. "I knew that heinous bitch fucked with my family."

"Language," his father warned from his spot on the couch.

Taio continued pacing, "I can finally prove it and get my family out of here."

Jialiang stood slowly, "You need to be careful, hái zi. Araya may be horrible, but she has power around here. One wrong move and she'll be after you."

"She already is, dad. She knows I'm onto her. Why do you think she's been spending so much time with Sofia lately," Taio tried to calm his heart. He looked to his father, "I need to find Mireya."

"Please just wait. We can figure out a way to do this rationally so they don't find out," Jialiang cautioned his son.

"I can't just do nothing. I'm sorry," Taio walked to the entry hall in his father's residence. "I'll be back later with Reya and Sofia. Everything will be fine."

Jialiang watched as his son marched out of the house. He feared for his boy. He knew what Araya was capable of and could only pray Taio would heed his warnings.

How he would wish for decades more that Taio had listened that morning.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Taio knew he should've gone straight to his wife and daughter. He knew he should've talked more with his dad. But he couldn't help himself. His thoughts raced as he marched into Araya's main office.

The older woman looked up from some papers on her desk at his intrusion. Her voice stayed calm, "I was waiting for you to stop by."

"I know everything, Araya. And soon, so will Mireya. I won't stand to have my family destroyed by your so-called legacy. We're leaving," despite how hard he tried, Taio couldn't keep his words steady. He had reached his breaking point.

Araya simply nodded, "I understand. I knew this day would come eventually."

"If I find out you have anyone trailing us, I'll make sure you never find Sofia again. I won't let my daughter suffer the same fate as her mother."

"I'm sorry you feel that way," Araya paused to stand from her chair. "And I'm sorry things had to end like this."

Before Taio could say anything else, a sharp pain erupted in his abdomen. His words became choked as he looked down to see a large hunting knife sticking out of his stomach. His mouth opened and closed in pain and confusion as he held his stomach. He attempted to turn and look at the assailant only to fall backward.

Through his blurry vision, he managed to make out Severo standing above him. Araya joined her son's side.

"Why," was all Taio could manage as blood seeped from his mouth.

Araya bent down next to his decaying body, "I have big plans for my granddaughter. And no one will stand in my way."

Araya nodded to Severo who quickly loaded his shotgun. He chalked it back before aiming it at Taio's head. Images of his beautiful wife and baby girl flashed through his head as his vision became blurry. As the shot was fired, Taio took his last breath.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

haleshoe is typing...

taio is so hot
sucks he's dead lolz

i'm rly sorry if y'all hate like background past stuff but i didn't wanna just like have jialiang dump it all in one go to sofia

but the good news is i think i'm gonna be able to at least finish s4 before the movie. i'm working on the chapters for the last ep of the season rn

thanks for reading!!
hope you enjoyed <33