CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

chapter thirty six( monstrous )

chapter thirty six
( monstrous )

          "God this place is creepy," Sofia complained as she and Derek walked side by side through one of Argents international arms storage buildings.

"You think everything's creepy," Derek shot back, placing a hand softly on her back to guide her in the right direction.

Sofia sighed as they came up to the group of supernatural beings, including Satomi and her pack, "And i'm usually right."

Scott walked up to the duo as they made their presence known, "Hey, thanks for coming."

"How are they?" Sofia looked over the group of scared wolves.

Scott glanced at his friends before looking back, "They'll be okay."

"They've got claws and fangs, but they're not fighters," Derek observed the group.

Derek walked past Scott, the young werewolf close behind, "That's why I called you."

Derek stopped and reached for one of the supplied guns on the ground, "Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either."

"That's why i'm here," Sofia smiled as she began to load her personal gun. She looked up and nodded towards one of the creepy white curtains, "And why I called her."

A rustle from that direction attracted the attention of the wolves. Braeden walked through only a moment after. Her steps froze once she realized everyone was watching her, "What?"

Derek turned to Sofia, "You called Braeden? Really?"

Sofia's head moved back as if she took offense to his statement, "Of course I did."

The youngest Calavera walked over to greet Braeden and help her set her ammunition up. Sofia caught the mercenary up on the current situation and hopeful plan.

"What if there is no stopping it? What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?" Brett suddenly spoke up from the group in the back.

Derek walked closer to Sofia with his head down in thought, "Then let's send a message."

He swerved to face everyone, "Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun. Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money is gonna be put on another list, our list. They get to be a name on our Deadpool."

Scott nodded in agreement and began to form a plan with the others. Sofia shuffled closer to Derek and snickered, "Did that feel good?"

"Shut up," Derek refused to look at the girl, knowing it would make it worse.

"No, really. That little leader speech was adorable," Sofia teased, leaning closer.

Derek finally looked down at the girl to his side, "Adorable?"