CHAPTER TWELVE

chapter twelve(de-void)

chapter twelve
(de-void)

          The group had each filed out on their own, hoping to recoup in the morning. After a while, Derek had convinced Sofia to let him examine her head. The two were leaning on Derek's large table, which he had to move back into the room.

Sofia, who had previously been wearing jeans and a plain black tee-shirt, had taken one of Derek's plain shirts to change into since hers was now bloodstained. She kept the jeans on because she couldn't find any other bottoms at the moment.

"Ow," Sofia complained as Derek touched the sensitive spot on the back of her head.

"It doesn't look too bad, you should be fine in the morning," he said from behind the girl. She sighed and turned around to face the man.

Derek had already started observing and wiping his own wound. A large sword slash was present down the man's shoulder.

Sofia watched the man dab at the dry blood surrounding the area. "Here, you're doing it wrong," she said as she grabbed the rag from him.

She moved the shirt hole around as she tried to wipe all the excess blood away. "Take your shirt off."

"Excuse me," Derek squinted his eyes at her almost in a glare at her demand.

"I can't see how much and where to wipe through that tiny hole."

Derek attempted to grab the rag, "Then just let me do it."

Sofia had pulled away before he could grab it, "Goddamnit Hale I'm trying to be nice. Take your shirt off."

The man groaned before reluctantly removing his white tee shirt. Sofia couldn't help but ogle his sculpted physique. His nicely toned abs seemed to draw her focus the most. She quickly snapped out of her trance before he could notice.

"Although it's technically your fault I'm hurt, I'll let it slide since you saved my life the other day," Sofia conversed while cleaning his shoulder.

She heard a quiet snicker from his direction and looked up. "You just laughed at something I said," Sofia smiled with an accusing tone.

"No, I didn't."

"You definitely did."

"It was a snarky laugh, it doesn't count," he argued.

"A laugh is a laugh. Doesn't matter how you meant it," Sofia retorted causing the man to go silent.

Sofia finished cleaning the excess area and set the rag down. It was up to the wolf healing to finish the internal wound now.