CHAPTER NINE

chapter nine(echo house)

chapter nine
(echo house)

          Sofia walked the short distance from the parking lot to the slightly discolored building in front of her. Her black running shoes padded against the damp street, avoiding puddles best she could.

She slowly pulled the door open and entered the small office. It seemed empty as she looked around the room. A voice came out of nowhere, startling her.

"Sofia Calavera. I was wondering when you'd be stopping by," an older man walked out from the back room.

Sofia turned to the man and subtly looked him up and down. He wore a button up shirt underneath a white doctors coat. She took a step closer with uncertainty.

"Deaton, I presume?" The man nodded in confirmation.

"Why don't you come with me?" The vet gestures towards the area he had just come from and turned to walk back in. Sofia reluctantly followed the man.

Across town, Chris and Derek were still being held at the police station. Chris had been told his lawyer had arrived but the Argent hadn't called anyone.

The older man moved into the interrogation room to meet with his 'lawyer' and couldn't believe the sight before him.

"They told me my lawyer was here," he paused, "So either I'm going to congratulate you on recently passing the bar, or I should be worried about something."

The older woman flashed a vindictive smile at the man. "Hello Christoph," Argent stayed silent in return before she spoke again. "I'm here strictly for business," her thick accent rang through the room, "However, I think you can help solve a different problem."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Where is she? Hmm?" Araya paused for a brief moment before standing.

"Where is Sofia?"

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"So can you fix me?" the anxious 24-year-old asked the supernatural vet. Sofia has spent the last half hour giving Deaton the full rundown on her past and what was happening to her.

Deaton seemed almost at a loss for words, "I don't think it's a matter of fixing you, more so understanding what is to come."

Sofia paced around the room, "What does that mean?"

"Well, if I'm correct, it seems like every time shocks were administered, the molecular makeup of the radiation was affected. And it all happened inside your body," Deaton paused, "I don't know much about the Calavera talisman, but it's not uncommon for artifacts such as that to date back to ancient energy work."