CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

chapter twenty seven ( orphaned )

( orphaned )

          "Hold him down!" Derek yelled at the group.

"What do you think I'm fucking doing Derek!" Sofia yelled back, taking it personally. "I don't have wolf strength so maybe you should try harder!"

Derek, Stiles, Sofia, and Deaton were struggling to keep Brett Talbot stable on the mental table. Sofia and Derek had gotten word that someone had attempted to kill Brett and Scott.

Scott had managed to stop the girl but Brett had been poisoned. Apparently, he had known Liam previously.

"Can't you just like, I don't know, hold him down with your energy thingy," Stiles rambled as he struggled to hold Brett down.

"Oh my god Stiles, what a brilliant idea. Can't believe I hadn't thought of that," Sofia sarcastically said through gritted teeth.

"Sofia could kill Brett if she applies continuous vibratory force," Deaton intercepted. "We don't know how strong her powers are."

Sofia glared at Stiles from across the table as Deaton explained. Stiles attempted to mirror her face but was shoved back by Brett who had suddenly awoken. Sofia, Derek, and Deaton were all next as they went flying.

Sofia had fallen backward into Derek, who had crashed into the corner. Derek tried to push himself back up but Sofia was practically on top of him.

"Sofia," Derek tried to move her off.

Sofia herself had been trying to stand, struggling with the pain that had emerged, "I'm trying!"

Suddenly, Peter entered the room out of nowhere and punched the hyperactive wolf. Brett's unconscious body fell to the floor. Everyone stood silent for a moment, unsure of what to say.

"I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself," Peter looked down at the boy.

Derek skeptically looked his uncle up and down, "Yeah, maybe more than a little."

At Derek's tone, Sofia looked back at the man behind her. She furrowed her brows as if to ask what he meant. He subtly looked at Peter then back to Sofia and nodded his head to the side as if to say, "later."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"Why can't we just wait until school gets out?" Sofia yelled through the loft as she got dressed within her room.

"What part about this being urgent do you not understand?" Derek yelled back.

Sofia rolled her eyes and walked to the doorway. She crossed her arms and leaned against the threshold, "So we're not gonna tell her that part of the reason you're asking for help is because you're losing your wolfie-ness?"

"No," Derek started before turning to face the girl. Upon noticing her lack of shirt, he turned back around, "Put some clothes on Sofia."

"Nothing you haven't seen before," Sofia said as she moved back into the room to find a shirt. She found a plain black shirt and threw a black zip-up on overtop.

Sofia marched out of her room to find Derek waiting, "One of these days, I'm just gonna stay out of it."

"Promise?"

The two had made it to the high school soon after. Sofia still found it weird that they were able to just walk through the high school freely. Was there any security?

Derek and Sofia stood at the top of one of the staircases. Derek had been attempting to call Malia's name out to get her attention.

"Let me try, she likes me better," Derek scoffed at the girl's words. Sofia looked around before saying Malia's name out loud.

After a moment or so, Malia appeared from around the corner. She looked around before finding the two on the stairs, "What's going on?"

"You forgot your lunch at home," Sofia joked.

Derek rolled his eyes before stepping down, closer to the werecoyote, "Brett's still out of it. I need to find his pack and warn them about the Deadpool."

"So, what do you need me for?"

"I know a little something about this pack. They have a kind-of secret meeting place in the woods. No one's spent more time in the woods of Beacon Hills than you," Derek tossed the dirty jersey in his hands to Malia. "This is Brett's. Breathe it in."

Malia looked down at the uniform, "I'm not good at that yet."

"Try it. I'll teach you," Derek said. Sofia watched as Malia lifted the sweaty jersey to her nose. A wave of disgust washed over her at the thought.

"Focus on the different scents. Some are tied to identity. Others give off an emotion," Derek directed.

Sofia scrunched her face as Malia continuously sniffed the jersey, "Alright, that's nauseating. Can we go?"

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

haleshoe is typing...

hiii lovelies!!
so sorry for the lack of updates recently! i've had a lot going on and not a lot of time to write!

this chap was kinda rushed so i didn't proof read, apologies haha

but double update today and hopefully
again this weekend!

thanks for reading! hope you enjoyed <33