CHAPTER FIVE

chapter five(illuminated)

chapter five
(illuminated)

Sofia wasn't sure how long she stayed locked in that bathroom. All she knew was that she never wanted to leave. She had attempted to attack Peter without even realizing it. What was she supposed to do now? Walk back out there and say "Hey! Sorry for trying to shoot you, it was an accident oops."

Sofia eventually left the comforts of the bathroom and moved into her unfamiliar room. It was a pretty basic set up. A full size bed rested in the middle, donned in all grey. There was a square mirror that rested on the floor against the wall. But that was it. The rest of the room was completely empty.

The girl sat down on the bed and looked around the brick walls. How had her life changed so drastically within a day?

Sleep had soon taken over the exhausted female. Sofia lay on top of the covers, still in her clothes from earlier.

Derek wasn't sure what had come over him. But he found himself wandering towards the hunters room. He knocked but there was no answer. He pushed the door back slightly and peered into the dark room.

Looking carefully, he could make out a body on the bed. Derek didn't trust this girl one bit. He observed Sofia's sleeping form for a second too long before swiftly exiting the room.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

The next day had arrived and Sofia eventually forced herself to leave the room. She would have to face the wolves sometime.

Upon exiting the room, she was met with complete emptiness. Not one body or sound occupied the loft. She wandered around the loft looking for any clue or sign as to where Derek and Peter might be.

After a whole lot of nothing, Sofia shrugged and returned to bed. As the girl started to fade, she didn't notice the small wave of energy forming in her palm.

A nightmare soon filled Sofia's mind as she drifted off. It consisted of the usual, her mother and grandmother.

Sofia watched mentally as her mom said goodbye to her younger self only to never return. She watched as her grandmother broke the news to the youngling.

Her emotions began to overwhelm the girl. Sofia twitched in her sleep, trying to run from the horrors. The complete mess of her mind had caused her to release the small energy wave without realizing.

Sofia sat up as a loud crash sounded through the room. She looked over and noticed the mirror was now shattered. Confused and worried, Sofia looked around for the cause of it.