CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

chapter twenty two( muted )

chapter twenty two
( muted )

          Braeden had dropped off the case file she'd somehow gotten from the police department. She offered to go over it with Sofia and Derek but Sofia declined, knowing Derek was in a mood.

"This isn't Kate. The killer used an axe," Derek scanned the folder that lay on the wooden table.

Sofia, who stood opposite the man, leaned over and turned the file towards her, "Actually it was a tomahawk. Specifically the kind used in the military."

Derek eyed the girl who was studying the papers before her, "That's not in the report."

Sofia finally looked up, "I know. Braeden told me."

"Is there anything else you're keeping from me?" Derek's suspicion was obvious.

Sofia tilted her head and narrowed her eyes at the man before her, "Why do you still find it so hard to trust me?"

No reply.

Derek grabbed the case file before starting his retreat out of the loft. Sofia shook her head and looked away.

He paused by the door for a moment, "I do trust you."

Sofia looked up at his words. Derek stood facing the door. His head turned slightly but not enough to face the girl, "Tell Braeden she's got a week."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Sofia knew there was a lot going on and a lot to worry about. She knew what was riding on them solving the accident. Normally, a responsible adult would understand the importance of the situation and work on it. Sofia, however, chose the easier option.

Getting drunk.

"I'm telling you, that man has a size XL stick up his ass," Sofia giggled to Braeden. The two had agreed to meet up at one of the bars near the outskirts of Beacon Hills.

Braeden laughed at the girl who was much drunker than she, "Then why do you still live with him?"

Sofia dramatically shrugged, "I dunno. He's hot."

Braeden reached for Sofia's last tequila shot and quickly downed it. The drunken girl whined in protest.

"Clearly you didn't need that if your mind is already this fucked up," Sofia huffed at Braeden's words and laid her head against the bar.

Suddenly "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon started blasting through the speakers. Sofia immediately perked up in excitement.

"I love this song! Let's dance," Sofia eagerly reached for Braeden and pulled the girl onto the small dance floor.

The bar wasn't extremely packed but it wasn't empty either. Braeden and Sofia blended right in with the rest of the partygoers. They were like dust particles, you wouldn't see them unless you paid close attention.

Sofia shouted the lyrics while dancing around in her drunken bliss. Braeden wasn't sober but she was nowhere near Sofia's level. The two girls moved through the dance floor, not paying attention to anyone else.

At one point, Sofia had tripped over her own feet and fallen into the wall. No one had noticed except for Braeden. Sofia had not only fallen into the wall, but a giggling fit as well. She was slouched, face first, against the wall until Braeden pulled her away.

Eventually, Braeden had realized how late it was. She had successfully sobered up between the time of her last shot and their exit.

Sofia wasn't blackout drunk so she could walk pretty much fine, but Braeden still insisted on helping her up to the loft. Sofia rummaged through her pockets for awhile but couldn't find her key to get the industrial door open.

Finally Braeden decided to just bang on the door until Derek woke up. Only a moment later, the giant door slid open.

"What?" Derek grumpily greeted the girls.

Braeden moved forward and shoved Sofia into Derek. He was forced to catch the girl and looked up in confusion.

"Have fun," Braeden said before closing the door and leaving the building.

Derek groaned and looked down at the girl before him, "Are you drunk?"

Sofia's face quickly scrunched up, "Noo. Are you drunk?"

Derek rolled his eyes before dragging the girl into her room. Before he could direct her to the bed, she turned to him, "I know you're mad about your new eye color, but I like them. They're pretty."

"Mkay," was all Derek said before continuing the path to her bed.

Sofia stopped the man again, "You're pretty." She reached her hand up to his face and patted his check twice before flopping onto her bed.

Derek wasn't sure how to react. At first he thought he had imagined it. He looked at the drunken girl who's face was buried into the bed beneath her.

Derek sighed before slowly moving closer to the sleeping girl. He gently turned her head so she wouldn't choke incase she puked.

Derek left the room and moved back into his bed. He laid there for a couple minutes, just staring at the ceiling. For once, since returning, his head was racing with something other than Kate in mind.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

haleshoe is typing...

when he makes sure you don't choke on ur own vomit and die 🤩🤩 >>>

anyways i have always wanted to write drunk sofia and i took my opportunity lmaoo

it's so funny to me how this book is only like 2 and a half hours reading time but it feels like so much has happened😭😭

ALSO — my brett talbot book is out now !

thanks for reading! hope you enjoyed <33