CHAPTER NINETEEN

chapter nineteen( 117 )

chapter nineteen
( 117 )

          After a long trip, the group had made it back to Beacon Hills. They dropped Malia and Kira home before heading for the animal clinic to meet Deaton. It was storming outside, rain pouring down all around them.

Scott carried "Derek" inside and set him on the metal table. Deaton was almost stunned by the sight before him.

"Wow."

"Wow?" Stiles questioned. "Wow as in 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do' kind of wow? Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

Deaton slowly looked over at the teenage boy, "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

Sofia noticed Lydia reaching to touch the unconscious boys hand, "Maybe you shouldn't—"

Sofia didn't get a chance to finish her warning before Lydia grabbed his hand, "He's cold. Really cold."

Deaton started to examine the boy before him. He checked the boys pupils and heart rate.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott leaned towards the veterinarian.

Deaton sighed, "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles looked at the unfamiliar teen.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much," Deaton paused and looked up. "It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

Sofia was still conflicted about the entire situation, "Why would she want to do this to him?"

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her," Deaton explained.

Sofia scoffed, "Glad to know she hasn't changed."

The group entered a tense-filled silence as they all contemplated what could possibly be coming. Deaton eventually broke it, "You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night. And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you," Scott suggested.

Sofia quietly sighed, "As much as I hate to admit it, I really wouldn't have my own life without Derek. So i'll stay," she paused. "Plus, y'know, I don't go to school."

"Okay, we'll try to stop by in the morning. Text me if anything happens," Scott said as the three left the clinic.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Sofia wasn't quite sure when she had fallen asleep. Next thing she knew, it was morning and Deaton was hovered over Derek.

"Any update?"

Deaton looked back at the girl, "His heart rate is alarmingly high."

Sofia stood from the uncomfortable waiting chairs and walked over to Deaton. The young boy still seemed to be completely unconscious.

"I'm gonna try something," Deaton warned the girl as he grabbed a small incision blade. He gently cut into the boys arm. They both watched as his skin seemed to close up right behind the blade.

"I'm not an expert, but that doesn't seem normal," Sofia turned towards the vet.

"It's not."

"So what does that mean?" Sofia questioned as Deaton moved away from the table.

"I'm not sure, but let's try something else. Grab me a five milliliter syringe, top drawer," The vet pointed to the location of the syringe and Sofia nodded at the man before moving to open the drawer.

The two suddenly heard heavy breathing from behind. They slowly turned around to be met with young Derek hopping off the table.

"Derek?" Sofia called his name. Deaton attempted to soothe the boy but it was no use. They noticed his breathing getting heavier and his movements becoming looser. Deaton quickly put an arm in front of Sofia.

Derek lunged at Deaton, successfully knocking him down. Sofia rushed to his side only to notice a large gash on his arm. She looked back up but Derek was gone.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

After a while, Sofia had finally managed to get in contact with Scott. He eventually showed up with Stiles and Lydia in tow.

Sofia was bandaging Deaton up while he explained the situation, "I don't think he's just younger in body. I think he's younger in his mind too."

"He didn't recognize either of us," Sofia secured the last bandage. "He was clearly terrified."

"So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?" Stiles asked the room.

Scott looked deep in thought for a moment, "A wolf goes back to its den, but Derek lives in a loft."

"Not when he was a teenager."

Lydia looked up at the two, "The Hale house?"

"Wasn't it burned down awhile ago though?" Sofia asked.

Deaton sighed, "Yes, but he wouldn't remember the fire. It wouldn't have happened yet."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

haleshoe is typing...

ahh sorry this took so long to actually post

i was originally planning to double update today but then started rewriting the next chap cuz i had a better idea my bad :/

so how was everyone's day :))

thanks for reading! hope you enjoyed <33