CHAPTER FORTY TWO

chapter forty two( smoke and mirrors )

chapter forty two
( smoke and mirrors )

Sofia worked quickly to load the armory that laid out before her on Derek's table. God forbid she run into a Calavera, she was ready.

"I still don't like relying on these things," Derek watched as she organized the weapons.

Sofia sighed, "I know. You miss your power. I would too."

"It's not about power. It's about being able to help. I don't like feeling helpless," Derek stared down at the table.

"You're not helpless, Derek. You may not have as good of aim as me, but not many do," Sofia tried to lighten the mood.

Derek looked away from the girl, unable to meet her eyes. The action spoke volumes.

"Why are you doing that?"

"Doing what," He still didn't look up.

Sofia set the gun down and gently pushed his shoulder back so he had to look at her, "Acting like you're not coming back."

Derek slowly stood up from his hunched position and looked at the girl. He gently pulled her in and cupped her jaw as they kissed.

Sofia pushed him slightly away when she realized what he was doing, "Stop that."

Derek kept his grip and pulled her back. The two stood mere centimeters from one another, "I'm okay with it."

Sofia swiped his arm off of her, "Well I'm not."

"Sofia," he tried to call out but she walked away.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

The entire car ride to the parking garage was silent. Derek drove with Sofia next to him and Peter in the back.

"Soo, the happy couple's fighting I take it?" Peter broke the silence.

No response.

"Ever thought about couples counseling?"

"Shut up," Derek and Sofia spoke in unison.

Peter raised his hands in surrender, "Just trying to help"

Derek pulled into the empty garage. Braeden stood beside a large transport van talking to Stiles, Malia, and Liam. As soon as the car stopped, Sofia was out and by Braeden's side.

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek directed towards Liam.

Stiles looked at Peter, "Are we really bringing him?"

"Are we really bringing you?" Sofia tilted her head at the teen boy. Stiles gave her a sarcastic smile that was clearly fake.

"We're bringing everyone that we can," Peter pulled the attention back to him. "And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going."

"What's that mean?" Malia looked at everyone confused.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple, that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?"

Liam furrowed his eyebrows, "What, she wants to make him younger?"

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf," Derek looked down deep in thought.

Sofia crossed her arms, "What good does that do her?"

"A werewolf can't steal a true alphas power. But maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her, maybe she can," Peter started. "So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going."

"We can't. Not without Lydia," Stiles spoke, stopping the man. He pulled his phone out to try and reach the strawberry blonde.

"I say, we leave them both," Peter looked at everyone for approval.

Malia made her way over to Sofia and Braeden. The three stood glaring at the man.

"Can we leave you?" Sofia tilted her head, not in the mood for Peter's antics.

"I'm with her on this one," Malia nodded at the girl next to her while Braeden smiled.

Stiles walked back to the group, "Nothing."

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us," Braeden suggested.

"That's a good point," Peter pointed to the mercenary. "We can call her from the road."

"No. What if something happened? What if she's in trouble?" Stiles protested.

"Fine. You stay, you find her, we're gonna go on without you," Peter started walking towards Derek's car.

"God, can you just not be a dick for like, one minute," Sofia rolled her eyes. Liam and Stiles continued their conversation on their own.

Braeden snickered and leaned closer, "Don't think it's in his nature."

"You ladies do know I can hear you, right?" Peter yelled from the car.

"Shut up," they yelled in unison.

Sofia smiled, thinking back to when she first met Derek and Peter. Their conversation had been similar but in a completely different situation. She couldn't believe how much things had changed.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

haleshoe is typing...

i love when everyone is a peter anti🥰

i tried to recreate braeden sofia and peters convo from ch3 so bonus points if you noticed

i'll fs be able to get the rest of s4 up today but i'll probs have to post the end of s6 tomorrow

oh well i was close enough

thanks for reading!!
hope you enjoyed <33