CHAPTER TEN

chapter ten(the fox and the wolf)

chapter ten
(the fox and the wolf)

Sofia arrived at the sheriff's station and made her way inside. Deaton's words from yesterday continued to float around her mind in a jumble. How was she supposed to believe that she was supernatural?

Sofia ran into Deputy Parrish upon entering the building. "Hi, I'm looking for Chris Argent," she paused, "And I guess Derek Hale."

"The sheriff just took them into his office," Parrish pointed to the smaller room attached to the wall.

Sofia nodded in thanks and walked towards the office. She could see the three of them inside. She opened the door without knocking, startling the men.

"Uh, hi," she said once noticing they were all staring at her. Sofia gently closed the door and turned back to the group.

"Sorry, if you could just wait outside for a moment, I'll be right with you," Stilinski said not recognizing the girl.

Sofia was about to speak when Chris cut her off, "She's with us."

"Sofia," the girl introduced with a small wave walking towards the desk.

The sheriff audibly paused for a moment. He looked between the three in front of him. "You were not on the chessboard," he eventually said.

Sofia's face contorted in confusion, "Chessboard?"

"Never mind," Stilinski shook his head and continued the previous conversation. "These are brain scans. My wife's and Stiles's."

Sofia looked at the x-ray scans as they were handed to Argent. She moved slightly between Derek and Chris to see better but still behind them.

"I knew they were similar," he started, "But those are the same. Exactly the same." Chris moved the two scans to line up and they were a perfect match.

"I'm guessing that's not possible?" Sofia questioned as she stared at the scans in wonder.

"Not even remotely."

Argent set the scans back on the desk, "So the trickster is still playing tricks."

"But why this trick?" Derek leaned forward on the desk allowing Sofia more room to move closer.

"When I was in the army, an officer told me, if you wanna defeat your enemy, you don't take away their courage. You take away their hope," Stilinski said.

Sofia could suddenly feel her hands starting to vibrate again. She quickly looked down at them and took a small step away from the group. The men in the room hadn't taken any notice as they continued their conversation about the nogitsune.

Sofia clenched her hands a few times and attempted to block the energy. She had no idea what she was doing but tried anyway. After a moment, the vibrations subsided. She returned to the discussion in front of her.