CHAPTER THIRTY

chapter thirty( weaponized )

chapter thirty
( weaponized )

Sofia was finally all dried out. She probably couldn't cry if she even wanted to. Her and Derek were seated on opposite sides of the bed, currently having an unofficial staring contest.

Without warning, the hospital room door was thrown open and Melissa marched in. She walked right to Braeden's IV bag and started to inject something into it.

"Melissa what's going on?" Sofia jumped out of her seat in worry.

Derek followed suit, "What's that?"

Melissa emptied the needle before speaking, "Naloxone. We need to wake her up."

Sofia and Derek shared a confused look, "Why?"

"I thought you said she needed to rest?" Derek voiced the girls thoughts.

Melissa sighed, "That was before I found out the CDC just put the high school under quarantine with Scott and Stiles still in there."

Sofia's thoughts were all over the place. She subconsciously moved closer to Derek. All of a sudden, Braeden shot up with a loud gasp.

Sofia couldn't help the smile that overtook her facial features as Melissa tried to calm Braeden down, "Braeden, look at me. You were shot, but you're in the hospital, and you're fine. Do you understand?

Braeden's eyes immediately found Sofia's. The latter gave a small nod with a thankful smile still present. Braeden took a breath and slightly relaxed her tense posture while nodding at Melissa.

"Good, okay. Last night, you were in the woods, and you came across another pack? Do you know what happened to them?"

"I told you, they were poisoned — " Derek started before Braeden cut him off.

"No. No, they were infected," Sofia's eyes widened as Braeden's confession. "It was a virus, designed to kill werewolves."

Braeden paused, "And it did. It killed them all."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Some time later, after Braeden had fallen back asleep, Sofia was left alone in the hospital room. Melissa had left quickly to take care of some problem and Derek had gone to try and call Peter.

Sofia sat on the edge of Braeden's bed when she felt a small movement. She stood from her position and looked down at her injured best friend.

"What are you still doing here?" Braeden groggily asked once she noticed Sofia.

The Calavera playfully smiled, "Waiting for you to get better so I can kill you for worrying me like this."